Chapter 146

With summer creeping to a close, we wanted to do a get-together at our house. Not only to celebrate the summer but to also celebrate Andy's forthcoming new album. Andy's parents were the first to arrive before anyone else. We had got barbeque catered and I went crazy making cookies and 2 cakes for dessert.

I was in the kitchen when Barbara popped in.

"Do you need any help?" Barbara asked me as I arranged the cookies on the platters.

"No no no you are our guest Barbara go enjoy yourself," I told her with a smile.

Andy and Hugh were fixing the outdoor umbrellas while we waited for the BBQ place to bring the food to set up.

"Did you need anything at all?" Barbara asked me.

I paused to look at her.

"Barbara I appreciate it but you are a guest in our house," I remarked.

"Thank you for saying that," Barbara told me.

Andy and Hugh popped in to wash up.

"Hi lovey," Andy told me as he walked up the stairs.

I of course turned crimson. He still called me lovey in front of his family.

Barbara went out to the living room while I covered the cookies till everyone began arriving. 

I had managed to sneak outside for a second to see how the backyard looked. We had spent 2 days rearranging the patio furniture and getting several tables and chairs set up to accommodate our 20 or so guests. 

Mo and Barry were in town on business so they came shortly before anyone else.

"Andrew your brothers are here," I called up the stairs.

Mo laughed and Barry did too.

"D-did, did you just call him Andrew?" Barry asked chuckling.

"Yeah, why?" I asked as I waited by the stairs for Andy.

"We never hear anyone call him Andrew at all," Mo remarked with a chuckle.

"Well she calls me Andrew a lot and I think it's good for the head space. Keeps me grounded," Andy commented as he walked down the stairs towards us. 

I smiled to myself as Andy and his brothers conversed. 

I glanced at the clock and realized I maybe had 10 minutes to spare before everyone else started arriving in waves.

I went upstairs to freshen up one more time and made sure I looked presentable.

I powdered my face and took a deep breath in and out before spraying a ton of perfume on me so I knew I smelt good for the day.

I headed back downstairs and already Karen and Olivia were sitting in the living room.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked Karen as she stood up to hug me.

"Good good," Karen remarked happily.

In all honesty, the only people I really knew from Andy's circle of people were of course his brothers and parents and Karen and Livvy.  From time to time, I would often feel a little out of place of course.

"I'm hoping you don't mind but I did bring you guys this," Olivia commented as she pulled a little gift bag up to hand me.

"Livvy you shouldn't have," I told her.

"For you and Andy to have later," Livvy insisted.

"Thank you Livvy," I told her as she hugged me.

I somehow lost track of where my husband was at. I disappeared to the kitchen to put the bottle of wine in our alcohol cabinet.