Chapter 65

With Christmas being upon us, we had so much to focus on. I had yet to settle on a gift for Andy. This year with us celebrating at a new place, I had so much else running across my mind. 

With Karen today, we went out looking for some stuff. The first place we hit up was the sports gear store. I wanted to see if I could get Andy a new set of tennis gear.

"Would Andy use these?" I asked Karen about some knee pads. They were protective ones if someone fell on their knees trying to hit the ball.

"I mean I don't see why he wouldn't," Karen replied as she looked through the tennis rackets for a blue one.

I was planning on everything color-coordinating. Everything blue. 

"Oh perfect they come in blue," I mumbled as I went through the stack of knee pads.

"Here's a blue racket," Karen commented happily.

"Oh goodie," I replied happily.

"So you got the racket, the knee things, what about sweatbands?" Karen asked.

"Oh shoot I forgot about those," I told Karen as we headed to another section of the store.

"I think this is a really good gift idea for Andy," Karen told me as we arrived at the section of sweatbands.

"I hope so I mean he doesn't ever ask for anything ya know and I feel like everything he does for me I can never compete with," I told Karen as I began finding matching wristbands to the sweatband.

Karen sighed.

"Girl I think you're overthinking it. I mean Andy really loves you for you for goodness' sake! You are married," Karen reminded me.

I chuckled.

"You are right KC. I mean it's just my mind telling me lies," I told her.

"I know you are always worried but Christmas is the time of giving and I know just like myself, anything you give us we appreciate it because they are from the heart," Karen told me as she fumbled with some visors hanging.

I smiled at her.

"You always have the correct words KC I appreciate you," I told her.

"I always got your back," Karen told me.

"Do you think it would be cheesy to get him some visors?" I asked Karen.

"I mean he may need some," Karen encouraged.

"I'll get one for the heck of it," I told her as I piled the stuff into my arms.

"Where else are we gonna head after here?" Karen asked as we began walking to the register.

"Well, I wanted to get him some cologne and stuff. Ya know stuff he can get use out of," I told her as we arrived at the register.

"Want to go to Kmart or Walgreens?" Karen asked.

"You don't have to ask twice," I told her as I got my wallet out to pay the gentleman.

Karen chuckled.

"Ok so both?" Karen asked as I got the change back from my purchase.

"You know it," I told her as the gentleman handed me the bag.

And so, we headed out the door to KC's car and headed to Kmart first.

"I think I can get my dad a watch here," Karen told me.

"Oh good idea. He seems like the kind of dad who needs a watch," I told her.

"What are you getting your parents?" Karen asked.

"Well I'm still not sure because we aren't flying out there till after Christmas for a few days," I told Karen.

"Wait you are going to Vermont? Why didn't you tell me?" Karen asked shocked.

"Andy surprised with the tickets yesterday morning. He wanted me to have enough time to plan," I told Karen.

"Oh, it's gonna be so pretty with all the snow," Karen commented as we headed into Kmart.

"I haven't been home for the holidays in like 6 years,"  I told Karen as we grabbed shopping carts.

I had two things on my mind: Stetson and Old Spice.

"I wish we sometimes didn't leave Connecticut because of the snow we had during the holidays. Sun and sand don't feel right for Christmas," Karen replied to me as we headed to the men's section.

She disappeared to the watches as I disappeared to the cologne and stuff.

I was browsing and bumped my cart with someone else.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized.

"Darling?" Andy spoked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked shocked.

"Oh I needed some jeans I may have ripped a hole in them," Andy commented.

"I well I was Christmas shopping for you," I told him.

"Oh really?" Andy asked raising an eyebrow toward me.

"Yes now shoo," I told him.

"I haven't found my jeans yet," Andy commented.

"Well tough go look somewhere else," I told him.

"Fine darling I'll be back," Andy told me as he came around my cart and stole a kiss.

He then disappeared.

 Karen came up behind me.

"W-was that Andy?" Karen asked confused.

"Yes," I replied as I looked through the shirts.

"That was a close call at least you didn't have any of the cologne in the cart," Karen told me.

"Right like that would have been so bad," I told her as I found a royal blue shirt for him.

"Maybe we should go there and then go to Walgreens?" Karen asked.

"I like that idea," I told her.

As we left the section,  I saw Andy near the Christmas stuff.

 Briefly, I left KC with my cart and hurried over to him.

"We are leaving now," I told him.

"Oh goody darling don't look in my cart," Andy told me.

"Oh really?" I mocked him with his eyebrow tilted.

"Yes," Andy kissed my forehead.

"See you at home?" I asked him.

"Yes I'm going to pick up some food so don't worry about dinner," Andy told me sweetly.

"Sounds perfect,"I told him as I stole another kiss.

"Bye darling," Andy told me.

And so, Karen and I headed to checkout and went on our next adventure at Walgreens. Chrismas time was truly here.