Chapter 107

Karen had a gig with Richard for some charity event. I decided to tag along and get out of Dodge for a bit.

We were in Karen's dressing room. She couldn't decide what to wear.

"KC I'm telling you, you know you like jeans and a T-shirt especially if you are going to be drumming," I told her for the hundredth time.

"I know, I know but they always review our clothes and makeup and it still bothers me sometimes when they make nasty comments," Karen said as she dug out one of the other outfit options she had picked.

It was 45 minutes till show time.

The outfit was a pantsuit. 

"What do we think of this?" Karen asked.

"I think that may be the best idea you've had all morning," I told her kindly.

"So then I will go change so we can fix me up before the show," Karen told me as she disappeared behind the changing screen.

A knock at the door startled both of us.

"Just a moment," I called out.

"Why did they have to come as soon as I started getting ready?" Karen complained.

"They can wait," I told her chuckling.

Karen came out in the pant suit and looked really pretty.

"KC you look so pretty," I told her.

"Aw really?" Karen asked glancing in the mirror.

"Oh you can come in now," I commented.

It was Richard.

"They moved the show up by 10 minutes since its a sold-out show and people are getting rowdy," Richard informed us.

"So the show starts?' Karen asked as I helped fix the back of the jacket on her.

"In 34ish minutes," Rich told Karen.

"Ok sounds good," Karen replied as I fixed the collar for her.

Richard disappeared out of the dressing room.

"You know I can do that myself," Karen chuckled.

"Oh wait right sorry," I told her.

"It was nice of you," Karen told me as she went and grabbed a face brush to powder her face.

"I always wanted to be a celebrity stylist like clothing-wise. I don't know about makeup," I told Karen.

"Really? That's actually really cool," Karen replied as she was distracted by perfecting her stage look.

"The idea of being in the business but behind closed doors sort of speak was my second dream. Little did I know what the universe had in store," I remarked.

"That's true. You didn't know that the universe had the "Mrs.Andrew Gibb title in store." And I love that," Karen analyzed.

I smiled at her comment. They always say to keep trying and my goodness if I had never kept going, who knows where I'd be at today?

"I love you for saying that," I told Karen.

"Well it's true," Karen replied as she fixed her hair one more time.

Time passed quickly and before we all knew it, the show was over.

I said my goodbyes to Karen and Richard before heading home.

It was a little before 7 p.m. before I got home.

 Andy was asleep in front of the TV with his eye closed.

I slowly tip-toed into the room. Andy didn't notice my arrival.

I hung my purse up and headed over to my sleepy husband.

I sat down next to him and his eyes fluttered open.

"Hi love," I whispered to him as I gave his cheek a kiss.

"H-hi lovey," Andy mumbled as he turned his attention towards me.

"I didn't mean to wake you," I commented as I looked at him.

"No it is ok I was waiting for you," Andy stretched and sat up from his slouch on the couch.

"How was your day?" I asked him.

"It was good darling. How was your day?" Andy asked.

"The show was good. Karen and Rich outdid themselves as usual," I remarked.

"I heard there was standing room only?" Andy asked.

"Yeah, it was sold out to the max. They bumped the show time back by ten minutes because people were getting rowdy," I told Andy who was stifling a yawn.

"Oh wow darling," Andy commented as he yawned again.

"Is someone sleepy?" I asked chuckling.

"I'm really relaxed here with you that's all," Andy mumbled.

"You wanna go get ready for bed?" I asked caressing his face.

Andy smiled.

"You had me at get ready yes please," Andy commented as he stood up.

I shortly followed behind him.

Andy yawned as we reached the bedroom. I went and grabbed my pajamas to get ready as well.

We got ready for bed and sat down on the bed. I brushed my hair while Andy channel-surfed.

"So what do you got planned for tomorrow?" Andy asked.

"Nothing really except I need to go by work to pick up some paperwork," I told him.

"How about this? After you get home, we go to Santa Monica for lunch?" Andy asked.

"Oh love that sounds wonderful," I told him as I turned to face him.

"And we can come home after and watch television or a movie?" Andy asked.

"That sounds wonderful," I told him as I leaned over to kiss him.

"Mmm," Andy commented as he leaned back on the bed as he continued to kiss me.

I pulled back to look at him.

"What?" Andy chuckled.

"I love you, Andrew," I told him.

"And I love you,"  Andy told me as he began kissing me again.

I pulled back momentarily.

"No don't pull away," Andy commented.

"I need to breathe love," I chuckled.

Andy laughed.

I grabbed his necklace charm and fumbled with it as he stared at me.

Andy put his finger under my chin and brought my eyes to meet his gaze.

"What?" I asked chuckling.

"You look really kissable right now," Andy commented.

"Then kiss me," I demanded.

Andy sweetly kissed me. He was being extra affectionate today.

After a few, I pulled away and paused.

"What is with the affection today mister?"  I asked.

"I just love you and I love showing you that I do," Andy explained as he left a kiss on my forehead.

I sighed happily.

I still had his necklace charm in my hand and I glanced down and fumbled with it. I didn't know what else to say at this point.

"I literally don't know what to say except I love you," I told him without looking up from his necklace.

Andy chuckled as he sat up a bit.

"Sometimes things are better left unsaid," Andy whispered.

I smiled at him as we began our normal night routine.