Chapter 185

"Andy," I commented.

He had a gig in Las Vegas and he didn't really want to go. I was trying to convince him otherwise.

He sighed. He was really stubborn today.

"Darling I just," he began replying.

"Your management and agent wouldn't have booked this if they didn't think it would be a good show. And it's sold out. You are gonna do great. And, I will be there right by your side," I told him.

"Darling," Andy told me.

"I'll be there right by your side. You're gonna do great I promise Andrew," I told him for the hundredth time.

"And we're only gonna be there for 2 days. It's not gonna be a big deal," I told him as well.

Andy sighed.

"I hate how smart you are sometimes," he remarked with a chuckle.

I smiled.

"So you are willing to go?" I asked him.

"Darling I  do what I do cause of you of course I'm gonna perform. I just, sometimes I'm not good enough and it sucks," he admitted.

I sighed at his comment.

"You'll always be good enough and then some. You have it all. The looks, the voice, the talent," I told him.

He looked down at his feet.

"You know how to make a man melt darling," he joked.

"I only do it for you. Heck, you are the only guy I've ever been in love with," I told him.

He chuckled.

"Not true. You were in love with David Cassidy when you were younger," he teased.

I flicked him.

"Shut up. That was an innocent crush. I don't know why my mother never took down the damn posters out of my childhood bedroom," I told him.

"Okay okay, I'll let that go. I know darling how we feel about each other and it's different than what most people get to experience in a lifetime," he told me as he grabbed my hand to hold.

He took his thumb and caressed the back of my hand.

"You know I never thought of it like that. It is a once in a lifetime and I am so lucky that we get to spend this lifetime together," I told him.

He smiled.

"I like the idea that we get to spend this lifetime together. Things brought us together and I think it's crazy how we really did get lucky," Andy remarked as he looked at me as he spoke.

I smiled at him.

"I never thought I'd be sitting here happily married. I always dreamed of this sort of white picket fence life," I confessed to him.

"White picket fence? Well, we have that sort of," he joked.

I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"The life we've built together is more than most people are capable of," I remarked.

"And yet here we are, 5 years married and 8 years together," Andy smiled at me.

"I hate to ruin this but we have to pack for your Vegas trip," I told him as I stood up from where I was standing.

He sighed.

"Okay fine let's go pack," he told me as I grabbed him by the hand.

It was only a two-day trip. He was playing a gig at the MGM Grand. One matinee show and another show at 6 p.m.

We got upstairs to where our suitcase had been prior to Andy's little stress break.

"Ok it's Vegas so it's gotta be sexy right?" I asked him.

He laughed.

"Well, I mean," Andy remarked chuckling.

"I'm just kidding," I told him.

He shook his head.

"Well these are the two outfits I'm going to wear," he showed me two nice button-downs and jeans.

"Classic and simple I like it," I told him.

"I'm too old for leather pants now," he said with a chuckle.

"Thank god," I remarked as I went and packed my toiletries. 

"And of course my Nikes. Screw fancy shoes," he remarked.

I smiled. He was finally being himself again today. 

Sometimes all it took was a little convincing.