Chapter 120

After work, I booked a tattoo appointment.  It was very impulsive but I wanted a sunflower on my wrist. 

The thing was, I  did not tell Andy at all. He just figured I was "working late."  After all these years, I've wanted to get a tattoo but didn't have the money or means to get it.

So, I arrived at the tattoo shop with a few minutes to spare. I wasn't afraid of needles so it should be a quick process.

The lady made sure to go over the procedures with me. She verified I had eaten before coming in and all that good stuff. We decided the best place for it was on my left wrist.

We decided for my skin pigment, to do a all-black sunflower with no color fill. She told me if I wanted to do that later we could. 

As she proceeded to do that tattoo, the more I was thinking how either surprised or upset Andy would be when I got home. We had never talked about tattoos or piercings before. 

I glanced at the clock and it was nearly 6:15. She was almost done with the process.

I took a few deep breaths as she finished the minor needlework on the flower. 

"And there you have it," the lady commented as she wiped away the last reminiscent of ink.

My mouth flew open. It was so pretty.

"Oh my god! Wow, holy crap," I remarked.

The tattoo lady chuckled.

"I'm taking that as you like it," the lady replied.

"Like it? Oh, I love it," I told her as she got the sulfane to wrap it to protect it till I got home.

"And just like that you are done. Here are the aftercare instructions," the lady told me.

She began going over them in detail before we headed to pay for it.

Soon enough, I was arriving home. Andy would probably be either in the kitchen or in front of the television.

I walked in slowly and hung my jacket and purse up. Every so often, I glanced down at my wrist. Would he notice it?

I walked into the living room and he was facing the TV. I slowly came up behind him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Hi darling," Andy remarked a bit startled. 

"Hi love" I commented.

He didn't say anything yet about my wrist.

"How was work?" Andy asked as I came around to sit next to him.

"It was good. Just tired," I faked and yawned as I lifted my arm to stretch.

"Woah woah woah what happened there?" Andy remarked as he gently grabbed my arm.

I paused.

"You got a tattoo?" Andy asked.

I gulped.

"Y-yeah, d-do you like it? I mean," I remarked nervously.

Andy carefully unwrapped the sulfane.

"It's a sunflower," Andy commented as he examined it carefully.

"Yes," I told him.

"So this is why you were late home from work. Why didn't you tell me?" Andy asked curiously.

"I was nervous and shy cause I don't know how you feel about tattoos," I told him.

Andy smiled at me.

"Darling, there was no reason to. I think it's sexy you got a tattoo," Andy told me.

"Sexy? Love it's just a sunflower," I told him.

"It's like a second rite of passage," Andy told me proudly.

I chuckled.

"So you like it?" I asked him as I made direct eye contact with him.

"I don't like it, I love it," Andy told me as he gently kissed my wrist.

I took a sigh of relief.

"Thank god cause I thought you were gonna hate it," I told him.

"It's your body your choice darling. I could never make a decision like that or make it be how I feel," Andy explained.

"Well this went better than I expected," I chuckled to myself.

"Like I said darling, it's your body, not mine. You do what you please if you want another tattoo, get it. If you want a new piercing or something, do it. The choice is up to you," Andy explained.

"I am so lucky that I have someone like you," I told him.

"I can say the exact same thing," Andy remarked as he leaned in to steal a few kisses.

New ink means new adventures.