Chapter 90

Inspired by a recent event that I encountered so I turned it into a chapter so enjoy lol

Andy and I were in San Diego for a concert he had to do. We were currently in the hotel room as he was preparing to go to rehearsals.

Since it was a Friday afternoon, it was a boring show on television. I was flipping channels like crazy. I managed to stumble upon repeats of "Match Game 73."

"Darling, what did you find to watch?" Andy asked as he came out of the bathroom.

He had just showered and shaved.

"Match Game," I told him.

"Oh ok darling," Andy replied.

And so, I zoned out and was just focused on the show. I could use a good few laughs.

"Aw Betty White is on this one," I commented out loud.

Andy chuckled.

"What year is it from?" Andy asked.

"73," I told him as I concentrated on the questions.

"So they are pretty youngish," Andy remarked.

"Mmmhmm," I replied as I listened to the first round question.

"Farmer Brown said I don't have to worry about beef because my wife is ________," Gene Rayburn asked.

I stifled a laugh before giving an answer out loud as if I was a contestant.

"She's a cow," I remarked.

Andy spat out his water.

"Darling oh my god that is," Andy started saying.

"What? If his wife a cow, he has nothing to worry about," I told him.

"I was gonna say butcher," Andy told me as he cleaned up his water spit take on the vanity mirror.

I laughed.

"So let's see how many I get," I told him as Gene began asking the celebrities.

"One for me," I commented proudly.

Gene went through the celebrities and  I ended up getting 2. Andy got one.

As we continued watching, it was a lot of laughs and giggles that came from me. It was the happiest I had been in weeks.

"Ok now she's doing the super match with Brett," I told Andy who was getting his stuff together so he didn't have to rush when it was rehearsal time.

"Ok, what is it?" Andy asked curiously.

"Bathing ______," I repeated out loud.

"Suit?" Andy and I said together.

"If she doesn't get it, then she's stupid," I remarked as we waited for Brett to turn the card around.

Slowly, Brett flipped the card around. 

"Beauty? Bathing beauty?" I asked out loud.

"That's stupid," Andy commented as he came and sat down next to me.

"What the hell is a bathing beaut- wait a minute," I commented as I paused.

"What darling?" Andy asked chuckling.

"I-I don't think it was bathing blank," I remarked as I couldn't control my laughter.

"What do you mean?" Andy asked as he tilted his head at me.

"I think it was raving blank. Raving beauty!" I remarked as I busted into a round of giggles.

Andy lost it and started laughing too.

"W-wait raven beauty? No wonder suit doesn't fit into the blank," Andy analyzed in between laughs.

I couldn't even reply I was still laughing so hard.

"Raving beauty, raven suit," I managed to spit out.

Andy shook his head as he tried to collect his composure. I did the same. 

We looked at each other and started laughing again. 

"Raving suit," I remarked as I stood up to grab a tissue because my eye makeup was surely running.

"Darling we got to collect ourselves in the next 40 minutes before we head to the venue," Andy told me.

I took a deep breath and tried to stop laughing.

"I ain't going to ever forget this moment," I told him as I looked in the mirror.

My makeup wasn't even bad. Thank goodness.

"I can't get your laugh out of my head darling it was so cute," Andy commented as he came over to where I was.

"I needed that good belly laugh. I haven't felt this happy in weeks," I told him.

"They do say laughter is the best medicine," Andy analyzed.

"It surely feels like it. Man, my side hurts from the laughing," I commented.

"As hard as you laughed, I can see why,"  Andy chuckled to himself as he kissed the top of my head.

I chuckled to myself.

"Yeah now I am paying for it," I said gesturing to my side.

"You might have pulled a muscle darling," Andy told me.

"If I did, it was worth it," I told him happily.

"You really do look happy darling and I am so glad you do," Andy told me happily.

"Raving suit," I commented as I stifled a laugh.

Andy rolled his eyes.

"You ain't gonna let that go are you?" Andy smiled.

"Nope not as long as I live will I ever. I will be telling people this story," I told him as he and I went back to sit down for a few before we would be taken to the venue.

"Oh boy," Andy chuckled.

"Exactly," I replied.

Laughter is the best medcine.