Chapter 114

"You're being silly not stop it, darling," Andy commented.

We had a Christmas party invitation from my work, and I was not too fond of every outfit I tried on.

"No I'm not being silly I'm being reasonable and that's why I'm not going," I commented as I tied my robe shut for the last time.

Andy wasn't sure what to do or say.

"Darling your clothes are not going to be the subject of the party. It's a Christmas party," Andy told me as he sat down next to me on the bed.

"But I won't be comfortable knowing that I feel like this inside," I told him.

Andy sighed.

"Well, I don't know what else to say darling 'cause I think the outfits you had tried on worked. Especially those earrings," Andy gestured to the earrings I had on.

They were the handcrafted ones from the vendor shop.

I sighed.

"Yeah, I know but who will even care I wasn't there?" I asked.

"Lots of people but I understand if you want to call out sick," Andy consoled me.

"I highly doubt a lot of people will care," I told him as I readjusted on the bed.

"Darling," Andy commented.

"If I can't find something to wear, then I'm not going," I analyzed as I looked at the end of the bed.

There were about 3 shirts and 4 dresses spread across the end of the bed that I had already torn off and was annoyed with. 

Andy sighed once more.

"Ok we won't go if you don't want to," Andy told me as he disappeared downstairs.

"Good," I mumbled under my breath.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I really hated these parties cause I hated dressing up. 

After a few, I heard Andy's footsteps against the stairs.

"I was going to save this for Christmas but does this change your mind?" Andy asked holding up a red mid-length dress with sleeves.

"Andrew you shouldn't have," I remarked.

"Well you said you couldn't find anything to wear so I thought this might change your mind," Andy told me as he came and sat down with me.

"I-I, well," I commented.

"So will you go now? It's new, and it's designer, and best of all, it matches those red sneakers you just bought," Andy told me.

I sighed.

"Why are you too good to me?" I asked him as I sat up and took the dress from him.

"Because you are good to me and you deserve the best of things," Andy mumbled.

I looked at the dress and it was perfect. Perfectly my style and vibe. And, Andy wasn't wrong. It did match the new sneakers I bought.

I sat up and went to change into the dress in the bathroom.

I didn't totally feel annoyed by it.

I popped out of the bathroom to seek Andy's opinion.

"Well?" I asked as I adjusted the skirt part a bit.

"That's my girl," Andy remarked happily as he looked at me.

"So you like it?" I asked him.

"Like it? I love it. That dress was meant for you," Andy told me as he walked up to me.

"I guess we better get ready to go then," I told him.

"Wait really?" Andy asked.

"Yes," I told him as I went to find my new sneakers.

"Ok ok so let's get all our stuff ready then. We will have to leave in 15," Andy began to panic.

"Calm down love we will make it," I chuckled as he was now in panic mode at the time.

I went and sprayed my hair with hairspray one more time.

I grabbed some perfume and powdered my nose.

"Not too bad for being last minute," I remarked as I looked in the mirror one last time.

"You look beautiful darling. You always do," Andy told me proudly.

"Thanks for making me feel better and helping me look good for the party," I remarked as  I twirled in my dress.

"Now let's go blow them away," Andy commented as he held his hand out to me.

We walked hand in hand down the stairs to the car. 

"At least we made it with 5 minutes to spare," I commented as I grabbed my purse.

"Then we have time for this," Andy remarked.

He stole a few kisses.

"Ok ok now we really have to go," I told him with a  chuckle.

"Let the night of shenanigans begin," Andy told me as we walked to the car.

"Cheers to that," I joked.

Christmas miracles were in full swing.