Chapter 7

It was finally done. The grand re-opening was done. It went on without any issues. I was relieved all the hard work that Johnny, Levi and I put in was worth it. 

I was out getting my hair done. Usually, I cut and dye my own hair at home but wanted to feel pampered. 

I went for a red dye and a more layered haircut.  Andy would not be home when I got home so he'd either be surprised by my new look or not notice at all. You know typical males.

The person that did my hair was someone Karen usually went to at this salon in LA. She was very knowledgeable and fast at her job.

I quickly got home and freshened up. Andy had been out finalizing some things for the upcoming anniversary trip. In addition to the surprise drum set showing up a few days ago.

I also knew secretly that there was more than just a trip to Utah for a celebration. But, I didn't want Andy to know that I knew with all the hard work he is putting into it.

While I waited for Andy to get home, I freshened Biscuit's water dishes and also fed her as well. Since it had been raining before I left, she stayed in her kennel.

For the most part of today, Biscuit would be indoors for a good chunk of time. 

Since there was a break in the rain, I let her outside while I cleaned up the kitchen.

After a while, the winds picked up so I had to bring her back in. 

A thunderstorm broke out and we were in the living room trying to get a weather report on the radio.

A big bolt of lightning lit up the entire house and then everything went dark.

"No not a power outage," I groaned.

I had to rush to find flashlights and candles. 

And the worse part, Andy wasn't home safe.

"It'll be fine he'll be home safe," I repeated to myself.

The thunder continued to shake the house with every lightning flash. It was not the best timing.

I managed to find some candles and one flashlight in the hall closet. 

As I lit the candles, the door opened to a soaking-wet Andy.

"Your home thank god," I said rushing to Andy's side.

"I got caught coming out of the store in the rain," Andy replied with a shiver.

His entire hair was flattened out by the rain and his clothes clung to his body.

"Let's get you into something dry?" I asked.

"Yes darling thank you," Andy replied as we went to the bedroom.

I grabbed two extra towels from the closet so he could dry off before entering the bedroom. With our area rug, he did not want to mess it up.

"How did you not know another storm would be coming?" I asked him as he changed.

"I just didn't think I guess," Andy replied chuckling.

"You're going to have to blow dry that hair of yours," I said gesturing to his head.

"Yeah what makes me mad is my hair was perfect and now with the humidity forget it," Andy joked as he grabbed his wet clothes and hung em over the bathtub.

"Awww," I replied chuckling.

"So? Wait something's different," Andy replied studying my appearance. 

"Hmm?" I asked looking down at my outfit.

Andy shook his head.

"Your hair it's, red, a pretty red shade," Andy replied as he walked up to me.

"Oh yeah I forgot I went and got my hair done," I said gesturing to my hair.

"It looks pretty darling," Andy replied lovingly.

"Thanks love. Karen suggested the stylist and she brought my dream come true," I told him as he stared into my soul.

"It looks great on you darling," Andy replied kissing the top of my head.

I blushed at his compliments. 

"I love you but you need to go dry that hair of yours. You are still dripping water," I said chuckling.

"I'm sorry darling," Andy replied laughing.

"It's ok but I don't want my hair dye to run. It's red as you know," I replied laughing.

"That would be terrible darling," Andy replied as he went to the bathroom to get the hair dryer going.

"You think? Red dye stains everything!" I hollered as I followed him so he could hear me talk over the blow dryer.

"You DON'T HAVE TO YELL," Andy hollered.

I laughed.

"JUST FOCUS ON DRYING YOUR HAIR," I replied back.

Here was to a rainy afternoon.