Chapter 189

"Why does it have to be so hot," I mumbled to myself.

A wave of humidity had centered on the state and I was irritated and not feeling good with the humidity at all.

I was in the office all morning doing paperwork and getting things finalized for Johnny's album launch party. His album was to come out next week and John had a party planned the day before everyone in the business to come listen and mingle.

Johnny was having an identity crisis with all the new-found fame.

I stood over the AC vent in my office as I took a break from working on the paperwork.

"Are you good?" John asked awkwardly as he walked into my office. 

I turned slowly and had probably turned red.

"It's hot John I mean," I told him as I walked over to my desk where he was now standing.

"The caterer called and confirmed for next week. Is Johnny available to come in tomorrow to also do some promotional interviews?" John asked me.

Johnny's new album was about to be the album of the summer. It really was getting the buzz especially since KC and RC mentioned the song that they worked on with him. So, it gave him good press and it eventually reached the top 40 on Casey Kasem's show.

"I will go ahead and give him a call and see," I told John as I sat down at the desk. 

"Let me know," John said as he walked out of my office.

I began the call to Johnny.

He picked up after a few rings.

"Hello?" Johnny's voice came over.

"Hi Johnny it's me. John wants to know if you are able to come in tomorrow to do some interviews," I asked him.

"What time?" Johnny asked.

"That he didn't tell me but I can confirm and call you when I get home," I told him.

"Sure man I'll set the time aside," Johnny told me.

"Great thanks Johnny," I told him.

"Talk to you later," he told me.

We hung up as I buzzed John in his office.

"Yes?" John asked me over the speaker.

"What time would you like Johnny to come in tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that. 9:30 if possible," John told me.

"Great thanks," I told him.

And so, my day went on its merry way. I headed home by 1 p.m. before stopping to get some lunch for myself and Andy.

I picked up burgers from In-N-Out and headed home.

I arrived to find Andy outside sitting on the porch. He looked sweaty. He had his shirt off.

"Hi love," I remarked as I got out of my car.

He smiled.

"Hi darling," he told me as he smiled as he watched me walk.

"What have you been up to?" I asked him.

"I pulled some weeds that Biscuit brought my attention to," he told me.

"Oh," I remarked as I leaned down to kiss him.

"Yeah so I was busy today," he chuckled.

"Why don't you go wash up and we can have a nice little lunch?" I told him as I gestured to the burger bag in my hand.

"Sounds wonderful," he told me as he stood up.

We walked into the house. He went up the stairs as I went to the kitchen to put the food down.

I went upstairs to take my shoes off and put my hair up before eating. I went downstairs to wash up. I then came back up to put on comfy clothes.

Andy walked out of the bathroom still shirtless.

I looked at his arm and it looked so much better.

"What are you staring at?" he asked chuckling.

"Just my husband," I told him.

He rolled his eyes.

"No really darling why are you staring?" he asked.

"Your arm looks really good. You can't tell how much pain you were in," I told him as he came up to me.

He looked at me and smiled.

"It healed the way it did cause of you," he remarked with a smile.

"Of course, I had to take care of you," I told him as he stole a kiss from me.

"Let's go eat lunch before it gets cold," Andy commented as we pulled apart.

And so, we went hand in hand down the stairs.

"So how was work?" Andy asked as we arrived in the kitchen.

"It was good. Johnny's album launch party is next week so we finalized that today. He's having an identity crisis with the newfound fame," I told Andy as I pulled plates out to put the food on.

"Oh, that's crazy. Johnny doesn't seem to believe in himself?" Andy asked.

"I think it's overwhelming. His story reminds me of Ritchie Valens minus the horrible ending. He rose to fame in a short 8 months and now look at him," I told Andy as I stole a fry out of one of the baskets of fries.

"That's actually a good comparison," Andy remarked as I heard him pop open the tab on a soda.

"Yeah I mean it happened so suddenly and like can you blame him?" I remarked as I sat down.

"No I can't darling," he remarked as he brought over a soda for me.

"Thanks," I told him as I picked my burger up to eat.

"So what else did ya do today?" he asked me after a few minutes of us just focusing on eating.

"Well with the humidity, my office is pretty warm so awkwardly I was standing over the AC vent when John walked in and he looked at me sort of sideways at what I was doing," I commented.

Andy laughed.

"Oh god darling," he chuckled.

"It was pretty awkward, to say the least," I told him as I wiped my mouth.

"I can't sometimes with you," he remarked.

"Well," I shrugged my shoulders.

A lot of food for thought I suppose.