Chapter 161

"I know you didn't want to come home darling but we got to at least drink coffee," Andy told me.

We were home from Vermont. Though it was nice, everyone got a little homesick. I was sad to have left my old world again. I was laying on the bed not sure of how to carry on my day.

I sighed as he looked at me.

"We will be going back at the end of December. It's not forever," Andy reassured me.

"I know I just miss the feeling of Vermont at the holidays," I told Andy.

He frowned at me. He didn't know what to say.

"Come here," Andy told me as he held his arms open.

I slowly complied and scooted over to him. 

"Maybe you just need a little quiet to recenter?" Andy asked me.

"Maybe," I remarked as I lay quietly next to Andy.

For a few, we kept quiet and didn't say a word.

"If you need to, you can always talk it out darling," Andy remarked.

"I think the quiet is helping me," I told him.

Andy kissed my forehead.

"That's good. I never know exactly which way to take care of you when these feelings happen. I don't mean it in a bad way," Andy remarked worriedly.

"You do amazing and then some. You are the dream man of so many. If only they knew how you really were, they'd be even more jealous," I told him.

Andy chuckled.

"I just want to be the best because you deserve the best," Andy told me.

"I know and I appreciate it even if I don't seem to appreciate it or verbalize it," I remarked.

I could feel Andy smile.

"You are too much for this world," Andy told me.

"I think I could say the same thing about you," I replied while stifling a yawn.

"The thing is, only we know how we feel and the outside world doesn't even know this version of us," Andy told me.

"That is a very good point," I replied.

From the distance, I could hear thunder.

"No not rain," I remarked sitting up.

"Where are you going?" Andy asked.

"To get our daughter inside and make sure Brownie is okay," I told him as I went down the stairs quickly.

Andy followed close behind as we stood on the porch.

"It looks like it's gonna be either a hit or miss,"  I remarked as I whistled for Biscuit.

She quickly came running up the steps.

I went and checked on Brownie in her stable.

She was contently eating hay.

"There's gonna be a storm girl so stay in here ok?" I told Brownie as if she could understand me.

I went back to find Andy looking at the sky.

"I think it might miss us," Andy told me as I climbed back up the stairs.

"Do you think?" I asked him.

"It looks like it is moving east not south," Andy told me as we proceeded to watch the lightning flash across the sky.

"Well be better safe than sorry, right?" I asked him as I felt him grab my hand.

"We better go inside and see if there aren't any breaking weather reports on the radio or news," Andy told me as he dragged me inside.

We went and sat in the living room waiting for the worse. 

"The storm could be a blast of rain or a doozy," I told him as he tuned the radio.

"Ya never know darling," Andy told me.

"Good point. Just no flooding please," I remarked.

"I don't think it would but I don't want it either," Andy remarked as he sat down next to me.

My previous troubles were washed away with another worry.