Chapter 180

"Johnny, do you think that I have any control over the creative department?" I asked him as we sat in my office.

Johnny's album cover had just been sent in for review and he was not happy with how he looked. I couldn't do anything but pass the info to John and the design team.

"You got to tell John or something like that. I cannot bear this being my debut cover," Johnny replied to me.

I sighed.

"I will try my best to do something. It hasn't gone for print so I will make sure I get this information to John ASAP," I explained to Johnny.

He gave a sigh of relief.

"Thanks kid," he told me.

"Of course," I replied.

He then went down to the other office to work on some paperwork.

I went and left John the request from Johnny on his desk.

I walked back to my office and noticed a delivery had been made in the short time I had disappeared.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and picked the card out of the flowers.

"Happy Half Anniversary. Love, Andrew," read the card.

I looked at the calendar and sure enough, it was 6 months since our anniversary and 6 months till our next.

I smiled to myself. Andy was always extra. Was it necessary? No. But I did melt at his actions.

I decided after I left work to stop and get him some flowers and a cologne.

Johnny popped back by my office before I left.

"John is gonna work on making the back cover the front and the front cover the back cover," Johnny told me.

"Oh, thank goodness. I was so worried it wouldn't be done right," I replied relieved.

"You are the best," Johnny told me.

I smiled.

"Anything for my best friend," I told him as he waved goodbye.

I got my stuff together and headed to the store.

I know men don't typically get flowers, but I wanted to reciprocate the gesture to Andy.

I found some red roses at Trader Joe's. I ran next door to Walgreens and grabbed a bottle of cologne I thought smelled good.

I made my way home with my flowers from Andy and the flowers I bought him.

He wasn't home when I got home so I was able to put together the flowers in a vase and the little card I managed to snag at Walgreens.

"To the most wonderful man in the world. Happy Half-Anniversary," I wrote out.

I signed off on the card and set it up on his side table in the bedroom. The flowers Andy gave me I put on the kitchen table.

I went to sit down with my book and went ahead and got lost in the moment.

It wasn't till Andy wrapped his arms around me from behind the couch is when I pulled back to reality.

"Hi darling," Andy remarked first.

"Hi, how was your day?" I asked as I shut my book.

"It was busy sort of speak. How was yours?" Andy asked me as he walked around to sit down on the couch with me.

"It was good. A lot of small surprises," I remarked as I looked at him.

His cheeks flushed crimson.

"I, uhm what do you mean?" he asked curiously.

He knew I got the flowers.

"Well, I mysteriously got a bouquet of flowers delivered to my work. They were a wonderful surprise," I told him as I grabbed his hand.

"I'm glad darling. I know it's cheesy to celebrate our half-anniversary, but I also thought it was a nice surprise," Andy replied.

I smiled at his comment.

"It was a wonderful surprise," I told him as I leaned and kissed his cheek.

"Why don't we go get comfortable and we can just enjoy each other's company?" Andy asked as he stood up.

"Don't mind if we do," I remarked as we went up the stairs.

I sort of dragged behind. I wanted to see his reaction.

Andy opened the door to our bedroom when he paused.

"What's this?" he asked.

You could hear the smile in his voice.

"Nothing," I remarked as I went to sit on the bed and watched him.

Andy picked up the card first.

His smile was so big it was like a hanger stuck in his mouth.

"Darling you shouldn't have," Andy remarked.

"I wanted to," was my response.

"I love the red roses darling. You know men should appreciate flowers more," Andy told me as he came over and stole a few kisses.

I smiled.

"Thank you for the surprise," Andy told me as he pulled away.

"Anything for you Andrew," I told him.

His smile was stuck on his face. He could not stop smiling.

"I don't know what I would do without you," he uttered as he put the card next to the flowers.

He grabbed the box of cologne to smell it.

"Joop? I don't think I've ever tried this one," he remarked as he sprayed it on his wrist to smell it.

"I don't think so either, but I thought it would be a nice smell," I replied.

Andy smelled the cologne on his wrist.

"That smells lovely darling," Andy told me as he had me smell his wrist.

"Oooh I can't wait to smell that on you," I told him.

"I will use it tomorrow," he told me happily.

A little surprise goes a long way.