Chapter 190

"Johnny you bought Levi a car?" I asked shocked as we sat outside our house.

Johnny had asked me to host a dinner to lure Levi over to surprise him, but I didn't know with what.

"With my first royalty check, I wanted to do something for him," Johnny told me.

"That's a very kind gesture, Johnny," Andy remarked.

Johnny smiled at me.

"He should be arriving any second," Johnny remarked as we waited for Levi to drive up.

He always took a cab to get here and always rode with Johnny home if they were here for dinner, etc.

"You know, the universe is gonna see this kind gesture and you are going to be even more blessed," I told him as the gate opened.

Levi was here.

"Why did I get nervous?" Johnny asked quietly as he ran inside real quick to grab the keys.

"I did too and it's not even my gift," I chuckled.

Andy chuckled at the two of us.

Levi got out of the cab and came over to us.

"Hi Levi," I remarked as he walked up the steps.

"How's it going?" Levi asked.

"Good good," I told him as Johnny reappeared.

"Hey man," Johnny remarked as Levi and him fist bumped.

"How's it going, Levi?" Andy asked cordially. 

"Good good," Levi remarked.

"So man, uhm, I have a surprise for you," Johnny told Levi.

Levi looked at us and then at Johnny.

"Me?" Levi asked confused.

"Yeah man," Johnny told him as he gave him the keys.

"W-what is this for?" Levi asked.

"This, it's a set of keys for your own car," Johnny told Levi as he gestured to the car sitting there with a bow.

"A car? For me? No no no," Levi began commenting.

"Yes Levi it's for you man I mean you've done so much and honestly, I'm getting tired of seeing you riding your bike everywhere man," Johnny told him as they both walked down the steps to the car.

Andy and I stayed on the porch and just watched them.

"Johnny's got a good heart," Andy whispered to me.

"They are like brothers that are always there for each other," I commented.

"He takes good care of him like his own brother. You don't find that," Andy remarked.

Johnny turned to look at us and smiled at us.

I smiled at him.

"Levi really needed people in his life like you two and I think he's finally understanding that this is the most important family he has," Andy analyzed.

"It took a turn at the beginning of the year when he just got disowned by his family and now he's back on the ground and thriving," I told Andy.

"We're going for a drive. Be back soon," Levi shouted.

"Have fun!" I replied back.

Andy waved at them.

Johnny and Levi disappeared for the time being.

"It's really cute seeing us all finally growing and thriving," I remarked as I sat down on the porch steps.

Andy copied me and sat down.

"To know you three as the kids that ran the record store to the adults you are today, it's refreshing," Andy told me proudly.

I smiled at him.

"That really means a lot to me, love," I told him as I turned my head to kiss him.

He smiled into the kiss.

"We've both grown up so much in the last 8 years. Can you believe that we're going on our 8th year together?" Andy asked me.

"Damn time goes by too fast," I remarked as I kissed him one more time.

"And I love you so, the people ask me how," he remarked with a wink.

"How you lived till now? We tell them we don't know," I joked as we heard the gate open.

Levi and Johnny were back.

"They're back already wow," Andy remarked as we stood up.

They parked and they both got out.

"How did it go?" I asked them.

They were walking to us.

"Good. Man, I can't believe how good the car drives," Levi remarked.

"I knew it would be your vibe Levi," Johnny told him.

I smiled at their comments as they walked up the steps.

"Why don't we go inside and get something to drink?" Andy suggested.

"Yes let's go," I told them as we walked inside.

Johnny stopped before following Levi and Andy in.

"Thanks for helping me plan this whole thing," Johnny told me.

"Of course anytime. You are like the big brother I never had," I told him as we joined Levi and Andy inside the house.

Biscuit of course was already all up in Levi's space.

"She loves you," Andy chuckled. 

"She must know how he's feeling," I told them.

"Of course, I'm over the moon," Levi remarked.

To a little surprise that went a long way.