Chapter 101

It was finally our trip for our anniversary. We had just finished playing mini-golf. 

"I cannot believe you beat me," Andy chuckled.

"Well I think it's safe to say I know more about golf than tennis," I told him as we took our putters back to the front.

"I definitely do agree darling," Andy replied as he grabbed my hand to hold.

"So do we want to get a snack since dinner is in 3 hours?" I asked him as we headed to the parking lot.

"We could stop at that little store by the hotel and then head to the hotel to freshen up," Andy suggested.

"That sounds good," I told him as he opened the car door for me.

I sighed and smiled as I settled into the car. I was so proud the trip I planned was going off without a hitch.

Andy settled into the car with me.

"All ready?" Andy asked before starting the car.

"Yep," I replied.

And so we headed to the little store to find something small to much on. The restaurant I found was called "El Galleon." It was one of the oldest restaurants here.

Andy reached to hold my hand as we drove. 

Andy glanced at me and smiled before turning his attention back to driving. 

It was the best feeling just the two of us isolated in our own little world.

We arrived quickly and got out. All I could think about was a good bag of chips and a coke.

"What are you gonna get?" I asked Andy as we walked in.

"Probably some chips and coke," Andy replied.

"Wait same that's all I've been able to think about for the last 20 minutes," I remarked.

Andy chuckled.

"Well good minds think alike," I nudged him as we went to the chip aisle.

"Oooh Doritos," Andy commented as he reached for a bag.

"Wait which flavor are you getting?" I asked Andy.

"The regular," Andy remarked.

"I want the sour cream and onion ones," I replied.

"Well get them darling it's your taste buds and craving," Andy replied sweetly.

And so we gathered our stuff and headed to check out.

By the time we got into the hotel room, we had 2 hours to get ready for the reservations.

"You know, darling, I think this has been one of my favorite trips we've ever been on," Andy commented happily.

I smiled as I was currently devouring my chip craving.

"Really?"  I asked after I was done munching.

"Yes darling I mean it seems like everything is perfectly imperfect if that makes sense," Andy told me as he sipped his soda.

"I'm so glad you feel that way 'cause I really was worried nothing was gonna go as planned," I told him.

Andy slowly came up to me.

"Even if something were to have gone wrong in your eyes, I wouldn't have known or noticed," Andy reassured.

"Awww," I replied as he gave me a kiss.

Andy pulled away chuckling.

"What did I do?" I asked confused.

"The chips darling. Your lips are salty and all I taste is the onion," Andy commented.

"Oh god I'm sorry," I began apologizing as I pulled away.

Andy grabbed me by my arm.

"No need to apologize darling I ain't complaining just a little shocked," Andy replied.

"I still feel bad for some reason," I commented.

"Don't," Andy told me.

"Are you sure cause," I began replying.

He kissed me. Sour cream and onion breath and all.

"See when you love someone, you don't care about any of that," Andy replied.

"That's one way to tell me you love me," I chuckled.

"Of course darling I love you. I love you a lot," Andy commented.

"I love you most," I told him as I looked at him.

Andy glanced at his watch.

"Well darling as much as I am enjoying this, we should freshen up sp we can get to the boat in time to drive out to the restaurant," Andy told me lovingly.

"Oh right," I remarked as I pulled away.

"Wait," Andy paused.

"Hmm?" I asked.

He leaned in for another few kisses.

I smiled.

"There now go get ready," Andy told me as he gestured to me.

"Ok fine," I chuckled as I went and gathered my stuff to freshen my makeup.

"So this restaurant darling, you said they had a lot of seafood on the menu?" Andy asked as he unbuttoned his shirt.

"Yeah it's like a surf and turf food since its right on the water. Karen told me they have really good cocktails and she said they had a really good lobster tail," I replied as I found my powder brush.

"Oh that sounds good lobster tail. What sort of cocktails did Karen say?" Andy asked as he grabbed another shirt to put on.

"Something called a Mai Tai she raved about," I remarked as I powdered my face.

"Mai Tai? Have we ever had that before?" Andy asked.

"I don't know," I replied chuckling.

"I'm always good for a regular beer," Andy commented.

"I know. You are like classic and me I go for fruity or fun drinks," I told him as I found my blush brush.

"That is very true," Andy remarked as he tucked his shirt into his pants.

Before I replied, I grabbed mouthwash to rinse out the snack taste from earlier. I needed to touch up my lipstick.

"Oh good idea," Andy remarked as he came and got some mouthwash.

I laughed.

"I didn't wanna ruin my lipstick so that's why I did that now before reapplying," I replied.

"Haha oh," Andy remarked before he swished the mouthwash around.

I shook my head at his behavior.

I grabbed my hair brush to calm the baby hairs standing up.

"You look beautiful darling," Andy remarked as he stared at me in the mirror.

"Aw thank you love," I told him as I finished fixing my hair.

"Of course darling," Andy replied as he kissed the top of my head.

"You are too much," I replied.

"Wait I forgot when do you wanna exchange anniversary gifts," Andy asked.

"Uh oh well whenever you want," I replied.

"I mean I know this was my gift so I wanna give you yours," Andy remarked.

"I still got you a little something extra in addition to the trip," I told him as I put my face powder in my purse.

"You shouldn't have darling," Andy told me.

"It's nothing amazing it's just a little something that reminds me of you," I told him.

"I see," Andy replied smiling.

What a wonderful start to our anniversary trip.