Chapter 175

"What do you wanna do for your birthday?" I asked Andy as we settled back into the bedroom for the night.

"I don't know darling," Andy told me.

"It's only like 2 weeks away. You gotta drop some hints," I told him.

Andy chuckled.

"Well I would like something involved with water or the ocean," Andy told me.

"Ok, that's a good start. I got some ideas," I told him.

"And I don't wanna go out of town-town if that makes sense. I just want a quiet birthday at home with you," Andy remarked as he grabbed the TV remote.

"Do you want me to make your cake this year?" I curiously asked as I began putting lotion on.

Andy paused as he turned to look at me.

"Is that even a question? Of course, I want you to. It's become, well, tradition," Andy told me proudly.

I smiled to myself.

"Do you want the same chocolate cake? Or do you want a different flavor?" I asked.

Andy paused again to think.

"Well, have you ever made a lemon cake?" Andy asked.

"Lemon? I can try," I told him.

"Lemon with buttercream. You make a really good frosting darling," Andy told me happily.

His eyes were glittering with pride and love.

"I will try just for you," I told him as I sipped my tea.

He smiled at me.

"You're the best darling. Have I ever told you that?" Andy asked.

I chuckled.

"I love hearing it. It makes my little heart oh so happy," I told him as I glanced at the clock.

It was a little after 10.

"Ok, so it's settled. I want to celebrate my birthday at home with a homemade cake made by you," Andy told me.

"It sounds perfect to me," I told him.

"I mean I'm getting older and celebrating ain't my thing anymore," Andy told me.

"Your birthday falls on a Wednesday which means I may have to go to work in the morning for a few depending on what's going on at the company," I replied.

"We have all afternoon and evening to spend together darling. Work comes first especially when it comes to contracting and getting the ducks in a row for John," Andy told me.

"Thanks love but actually family and partners come first in my opinion," I remarked.

"Oh in my eyes too. I just don't want to mess up your work," Andy remarked.

"Andrew you could never mess up my work," I told him as I readjusted my pillows.

"I know I just you are doing so well and I'm so proud of you," Andy told me.

I smiled at his comment.

"You're proud of me? That makes me feel so good hearing that," I replied happily.

He scooted closer to me.

"Of course darling I'm proud of you. You are doing so well and I'm proud of you," Andy explained as he kissed my cheek.

I turned to look at him.

"I love you," I told him as I held his face in my hands.

Andy wrapped me in an embrace as I wrapped my arms around him.

"And I love you," Andy told me.

"Why do we get so mushy?" I asked chuckling.

"I don't know but it's nice isn't it?" Andy asked smiling at me.

"Yes I ain't complaining," I remarked.

"Good I ain't either," Andy joked back.

I ran my fingers through his hair.

He closed his eyes. He always needed reassurance. Heck, so did I.

"If you keep doing that, I will literally fall asleep on top of you," Andy remarked quietly with a chuckle.

"Would that be so terrible for you?" I asked him as I played with his hair more.

He chuckled as he readjusted so he had his head on my chest.

"Would it be terrible? No. But that's my thing to do to you," Andy told me as I traced his face gently with my finger.

"Shush," I told him as I leaned down to kiss him.

He smiled.

We stayed in this embrace for a while the TV illuminated the room. 

Andy broke the silence after a few.

"We should think about getting more comfortable darling. You can't fall asleep with your neck like that," Andy told me sleepily.

"True," I remarked as he sat up and I readjusted in the bed.

I put my pillows correctly as Andy did the same.

"Come here," Andy gestured for me to get closer to his side of the bed.

"We really shouldn't have gotten this damn king bed," I joked as I turned the TV off.

I glanced at the clock and it was almost 11.

We adjusted comfortably. The only thing you could hear was our breathing.

"Good night love," I whispered as I closed my eyes.

"Good night darling," Andy whispered as he kissed my forehead.

Dream a little dream of me won't ya?