Chapter 150

"What do you wanna do for our anniversary?" Andy asked as we drove home from the studios.

I sighed and pondered. What could we do to celebrate our anniversary?

"I literally don't know love I mean we could just stay home," I told him.

"You don't wanna go out of town?" Andy asked me.

"Love we did go out of town earlier in the year I mean," I told him as we stopped at a stopped light.

"Darling just think about it," Andy told me as he grabbed my hand to hold.

"Ok," I told him as we turned on the street to our house.

As we drove up the hill to the house, little raindrops started to dirty up the windows.

"There was no rain in the forecast," I commented.

"Yeah that is strange darling," Andy remarked.

"Well at least if it starts storming, we will be home safe," I told him as he parked the car.

From a distance, there were several flashes of lightning and thunder in the distance.

"I hate the rain only cause of the humidity," I remarked as we walked up the steps.

"It makes me feel yucky too darling," Andy remarked as I unlocked the house and we entered.

"Well I know now what to make for dinner," I commented as I slid my shoes off.

"What?" Andy asked curiously.

"Soup," I told him.

"Ohhhhh good idea darling," Andy remarked.

"I mean honestly cause if it is gonna stay like this all day, then might as well bask in the fall feel," I explained.

Andy chuckled at my analysis. 

"You are funny darling but I do like your thought process on that one," Andy told me as we went to wash up.

I shook my head at his comment.

"Well anywho I got to throw the wash in," I told him as I grabbed the basket and collected the laundry.

I headed downstairs to get the load started. It was honestly a drab that it was raining.

"Biscuit I'll take out for a walk on the leash," Andy commented as he grabbed an umbrella and wrangled up Biscuit from her kennel.

"Sounds good love," I told him as I started doing the dishes I had left in the sink prior to us going to the studio with Andy.

I usually never leave dishes behind but I had been running behind.

Andy walked out the back door and went for a walk for a while.

I finally finished the dishes after what it felt like an eternity.

I grabbed the tea kettle and started boiling some water for some mid-afternoon tea.

I got mine and Andy's cups ready with our tea. Andy joined me back after what seemed forever.

"Ok, she's good to stay in for now darling. Also, Brownie is fine in her stable. The rain is steady now," Andy remarked as he unhooked Biscuit to freely walk through the house.

"Oh, it is steady now? That's crazy," I told him.

"It looks like we are sopped in up here," Andy remarked.

"Damn I really love fall, but this was unexpected," I remarked as the tea kettle began to whistle.

"Right darling," Andy chuckled as he came and joined me by the kitchen counter.

"What sort of soup do you want for dinner?" I asked Andy.

"Something with a broth sounds good," Andy told me.

"I can work with that," I told him.

"Is it just me or do you feel like you wanna go to sleep at any second?" Andy asked.

"Yeah it does feel like that," I remarked.

"Maybe if I help you get dinner going, we can take a nap for a while," Andy remarked as he stifled a yawn.

"I like that idea a lot but damn it that yawn was contagious," I remarked as I yawned myself.

Andy laughed.

"I'm sorry," Andy commented.

"It's all good. Let's go enjoy our tea and then we can work on dinner and also work on getting the laundry in the dryer," I told him.

So, we went and sat down at the kitchen table as we both stared out the glass window. The rain began to puddle on the porch. It was crazy how much rain had begun to fall.

"Do you think there will be a flash flood?" I pondered.

"I hope not darling but of course its not out of the question," Andy remarked.

"Well with the fires that happened a few years ago, the burn scars I don't know how much water they can hold," I told him.

"Well if the rains come, our house could be moved back down to the Malibu colony," Andy joked.

"Oh my god shut up no I don't want that to happen," I remarked.

"I was just teasing darling. It'll be ok," Andy told me reassuringly this time.

I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Sometimes I hate you," I told him jokingly.

"And I love you too," Andy winked.

I rolled my eyes at his comment.

A cozy little fall afternoon was in store.