Chapter 8

"Have you started packing for your anniversary trip yet?" Karen asked me.

We were currently out shopping. She noticed I needed a day out of the house with all the rain that happened the last week.

"No, and I feel like I have nothing to wear for it. Like Andy hasn't really told me what we are doing on the trip besides going to the mountains. This means it'll be cold and I feel like I won't look as good as I should," I replied as I looked at a rack of long sleeve sweatshirts.

"He hasn't hinted at all about anything? There has to be at least a dinner so you can at least dress up," Karen replied slyly.

I didn't want to tell her I knew about the dinner with our family and friends. She looked guilty just for talking about dinner.

"Well if there is a dinner, I think I'll pack that one dress that is like a sweater dress because I know Utah is cold this time of the year," I replied as I grabbed a black sweatshirt.

"I totally see your point," Karen replied plainly.

She was wanting to tell me something and I could tell it in her eyes.

"Anyhow enough about me, what about you? Any plans coming up?" I asked her to change the subject.

"Well not really. Music is going well and not much travel," Karen replied quickly.

She was totally panicking and not wanting to admit it.

"Wait don't you have some performances overseas coming up? I thought you said you were going to travel in a few weeks?" I asked her.

"They canceled it. The promoter got the dates wrong," Karen replied.

"Oh," is all I replied.

We finished up shopping and headed our separate ways.

I entered the house with two bags full of unnecessary items. I had found a ton of winter wear for the trip in a few weeks.

I went straight to the laundry room and started getting a wash going.

"Darling?" Andy's voice carried through the house.

"In the laundry room," I replied.

His footsteps were trailing down the hallway.

I was getting the soap and Downey into the washer while Andy popped his head in.

"Hi darling," Andy greeted.

"Hi love," I said as I begin getting my new clothes out of the bags.

"What did you find?" Andy asked curiously.

"A few sweatshirts and sweatpants," I replied smiling.

"For the trip?" Andy inquired.

"Yes 'cause I don't know what you have planned," I said poking Andy.

Andy chuckled.

"I cannot exactly tell you because there are surprises that must be kept but I think everything you have planned out outfit-wise is a good start," Andy told me.

"I see," I said shaking my head as I took the tags off the sweatshirts and other items.

"Only 2 more weeks and you'll find out," Andy replied with a smirk.

"Yes my impatient mind is so curious and gonna burst," I told him chuckling.

"You'll survive darling. I promise it'll be worthwhile," Andy confirmed.

"Oooh, worthwhile? Now I am going to go crazy about that," I replied chuckling as I started the washer.

"Shush darling don't ruin the surprises. The one surprise I wanted to keep till we got back got delivered wrong so I want this to go off without a hitch," Andy laughed.

"Yeah but the drums were a really good gift and I can't wait till KC starts teaching me the drums," I told him.

"Has she brought that up yet?" Andy asked.

"No, she has been acting really weird and suspicious. I don't know if something is going on," I replied trying to get a reaction out of Andy.

Andy turned white.

"Suspicious? What do you mean? That's odd that doesn't sound like Karen," Andy replied as we walked down the hall.

"I don't know she just wasn't herself," I replied as we arrived in the living room.

"I just hope she's ok," Andy replied.

"She's ok it's like she's got a secret that I can't know about. Maybe it's something related to music or some TV Special?" I pondered.

Andy sighed in relief.

"It has to be that darling I'm sure," Andy replied.

"I hope so I just hope I find out what KC's been hiding," I said as I went and grabbed the TV guide.

"I'm sure you'll find out sooner than later," Andy remarked.

"Oh knowing KC, she'll spill the beans any day now," I commented and waited for a reaction from Andy.

I didn't want to spoil his plans. But, this was a fun game to play with Andy.

"I hope not. I mean, I hope she tells you the secret in due time darling," Andy replied.

"I have a good feeling about it," I said nudging my husband.

Secrets and surprises would soon be unveiled.