Chapter 169

It was weird waking up freezing. We were in Vermont for the next few days. I was happy to be having my winter vacation where there was still snow on the ground.

Even after moving out, my parents kept my bedroom the same.  Which meant, posters from my pre-teen years stared at us from yesteryear as we slept. I was lucky that I had a double bed so it wasn't too terrible sleeping so close.

"I don't find it comfortable with David Cassidy and the Partridge Family staring at me darling," Andy joked as we readjusted.

I chuckled at his comment. The clock read 7:05. We weren't ready to get up. 

"I'm sorry but I loved them when I was really little. The fact my mother didn't take apart my room is wild," I remarked as I moved to face Andy.

"It's a little time capsule of you before we met," Andy said happily. 

"Yes I guess that's true," I smiled to myself.

"We should think about getting up," Andy told me.

"I hope no one else is up yet. My mother always is a chatty Cathy when we are here and I can't handle it," I whispered to Andy as I grabbed my robe.

"Darling that's not nice to say," he replied chuckling.

"Are you for real?" I asked him.

Andy laughed.

"I know how you feel about loud voices in the morning it's understandable," he explained.

Andy sat up, stretched a little, and grabbed his robe too.

"Are you ready?" Andy asked chuckling as he saw me slipping my slippers on.

"Yes let's go get coffee quickly and get back here," I told him.

Andy and I snuck downstairs, grabbed some coffee, and got back to the bedroom without seeing my mother or father. My sister always slept late so we knew we'd be good from her.

"We made it," I sighed at the relief of quietly shutting the door.

"Your funny darling," Andy shook his head at my actions.

I went and turned the TV on. Since it was the weekend, nothing new was on.

"Is it gonna snow today?" Andy asked as he put it on Weather on the 8's.

"It could I mean I see the possibility of the clouds but the air temperature will help it," I told him as I sipped my coffee.

"I love the chill in the air. Damn, we get spoiled so much when we come out here," Andy told me.

"Definitely. I miss this during this time of year the most but I also don't miss shoveling us out of snow," I replied.

"That would get annoying I suppose," Andy told me.

"Yeah especially when the temp is below zero. Wooo we did we need to drink like 6 cups of hot cocoa to warm up," I commented.

Andy smiled.

"Well now you got me to keep you warm," he commented with a wink.

I rolled my eyes.

"Not this early love I swear. Not at my parents," I told him.

"I was just teasing," Andy told me.

"I know shush," I told him.

"So what is on the agenda today?" Andy asked me.

"Well, my parents want to take us out to this little restaurant that has been a family favorite for years. If it's not too snowy this afternoon, we were going to plan on doing some sledding down the hill in the backyard of ours," I told Andy.

"That sounds wonderful darling," Andy told me.

"I love the quiet time at home," I told him.

"You are definitely glowing this time around here. Our vacation has brought a newness to you," Andy remarked.

I smiled.

"How can you not feel happy with snow and such," I remarked as I drank my coffee.

"It's those happy dopamines you get," Andy replied.

"Yes that's it," I said happily.

To a snowy time in Vermont. Only the snowflakes new what was in store for us.