Chapter 105

"Why are you mad at me?" I asked Andy who was not looking or talking to me.

I had gotten home from work and he was just not himself. He didn't say a word to me.

Andy walked to the kitchen. I could tell from his body language something was up.

"Ok fine don't talk to me," I told him as I grabbed a plate to start eating dinner.

Usually, when Andy got like this, he either was super tired, or something was said about him by his record company, or getting ready to be sick. The only thing is I did not want it to turn ugly and have me leave the house permanently this time.

Every once in a while, I glanced up at him. He looked like he was lost in his own little world.

I shook it off and hoped he'd be ready to talk about it sooner than later.

I finished my plate of food and began cleaning the kitchen up.

I was sure as hell I would be able to convince him to open up after we showered and relaxed.

I went upstairs to get ready for bed. Andy had showered and shaved by the time I came back down to the living room. He was blankly staring at the TV. 

I came up behind him. I gently placed my hands in his hair. He didn't budge.

"Love, what is the matter? You seem tense, sad, and angry at the same time?" I asked quietly.

I moved my hands down to his shoulders. His back was tight.

I could feel Andy take a deep breath in and out.

"My record sales are down. They are worried that if I don't get another hit single, they will have to rethink my contract," Andy confessed.

I frowned. I didn't know it was this serious.

"Oh love," I commented as I came around to sit on the couch with him.

"Yeah," Andy mumbled as he glanced away from me.

I sat on my knees and then wrapped him in a hug.

"It's ok love. It's not going to ruin who you are in here and up here," I told him as I gestured to his head and inside.

Andy still looked disappointed in himself.

"Love," I told him, bringing his face towards me.

He blinked and looked away.

"I ain't gonna love you any less because of this. Know that I love you for you, Andrew Roy Gibb. Not Andy Gibb the name, Andrew Gibb the person," I reassured him.

"I just feel like if this doesn't go right, my entire career will be over," Andy explained.

I wrapped him in another hug again. 

"It'll be ok and everything will work out for you," I told Andy.

I could feel him sigh as I held onto him for dear life.

"How can I make you feel better?" I asked him in a serious voice.

He glanced at me.

"Well," Andy wiggled his eyebrows.

"Haha oh my god love no not in the way," I lightly smacked his chest.

Andy smiled.

"Hey you are smiling,"  I commented as I poked his smile lines.

"I don't know what I would do without you or your support darling," Andy told me.

"I could say the same about you," I told him as he hugged me for the hundredth time.

We exchanged a few kisses before he spoke again.

"So even if I don't continue recording music or have a contract for a while, you'll still love me?" Andy asked.

"Are you crazy? I'll always love you," I told him.

Andy sighed contently at my response.

"All I care about is life treating you kind but most of all, I wish you love and I hope I continue to fulfill that as my duty as your wife," I explained to him as he looked at me.

His eyes had shifted from angry to understanding. His worries were still in his brain but not beating as a drum like that had been earlier in the evening. 

"Darling I got to say, you always sound like a philosopher," Andy chuckled.

"Well, it helps when songs have the meaning I want to say," I commented.

"Is that why "life treating you kind" sounded familiar?" Andy asked looking at me.

"Try a Dolly Parton song," I told him as I chuckled.

"And I-I-I will always love you too," Andy half sang.

"I wish you'd pursue a country career," I told him.

"Really?" Andy asked.

"Your voice is perfect for country music. Along with your brother Mo. You two should have had solo country careers," I analyzed.

"Well now that we live on a ranch maybe that's supposed to be my new career path who the heck knows," Andy joked.

"Exactly what lies in the future is a mystery to us all," I responded.

"No one can predict the wheel of fortune as it falls," Andy replied.

"Exactly," I smiled at him.

"Thank you for being you," Andy told me as he kissed me sweetly.

"Anytime," I chuckled.

I could feel his body relaxing and less intense.

"Never forget how much I care for you," I told him.

Andy smiled.

"I won't. Even with my dark and inner demons, I will never forget how much you do care and love me," Andy explained.

"Good," I commented as I brought my hands up to his hair.

"Even if it is not picture perfect, you love me," Andy analyzed.

"Yes," I told him.

Andy smiled contently as we stayed looking at each other. Inner demons are a battle but as long as you have one person to help you through them, it's the best feeling when you are loved and can give love.