Chapter 160

"Good god darling calm down," Andy told me.

"Why would I need to calm down?" I asked him.

"You're bouncing your leg and also biting your nails," Andy gestured toward me.

"Well we are sitting here in my old bedroom and it's hard to believe how much has changed,"  I told him.

We were back in Vermont for Thanksgiving. It was so nice and surreal to be back home.

"But you have nothing to worry about. Your mom is going to do all the cooking as she told us 100 times since yesterday," Andy reassured me.

"Right right," I told him as I heard a knock at the door.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Hey do you remember Liam?" my mom asked me.

I paused. 

"You mean Liam my childhood best friend?"  I asked her.

"Yeah, he's downstairs. He wanted to drop by and see you," my mom told me.

"Oh my god, he remembers me?" I asked chuckling.

"How could anyone forget you," Andy commented.

"Tell him I'll be right down," I told her as I went to make sure I looked decent. 

I wasn't prepared to see any old friends or family today since we flew in late last night.

"Come on," I remarked as I grabbed Andy's hand.

We went down the stairs and sure enough, the boy I used to do everything with in elementary and middle school was standing in front of me.

"I don't remember you being this tall," I joked as I came down the stairs.

"I don't remember you being so pretty," Liam chuckled.

I blushed. He knew I was married of course but he was being nice.

I let go of Andy's hand as I went to give Liam a hug.

"It's been what like 10 years at least?" Liam asked as we separated.

I had to think about it for a minute. He also changed into a man. Yeah, that's dumb to say I know but my goodness does time do a number on us? Was he cute? Yeah. Would I admit it to my husband who was standing next to me? No.

"Yes at least. Oh, this is my husband, Andy," I gestured to Andy who was completely not into the conversation at all.

"Nice to meet you," Andy mumbled.

"Likewise. I love your music by the way," Liam told him.

"Thank you," Andy remarked as he went to sit down next to my sister in the living room.

"How long are you in town for?" Liam asked me.

"Till Monday," I replied.

"How about Saturday we go and get some coffee or something? I would like to catch up on everything," Liam told me.

I glanced back at Andy who was completely zoned out and immersed in the card game my sister was playing.

"Sounds perfect," I told him.

"Let's meet at our old favorite coffee shop at 10?" Liam asked.

"Let's do that," I replied smiling.

"I better get going it was nice seeing you," Liam went in for another hug.

"Likewise. Take care," I told him as I walked him to the door.

"You too see you Saturday," Liam told me.