Chapter 195

"So how is it that it's almost our wedding anniversary again?" Andy asked as we sat in the living room.

I shook my head.

"Time has this funny way of jogging by," I remarked as I focused on the TV.

"Well, what are we going to want to do for it? I mean we've been married 6 years but together 8," Andy commented.

"I've heard iron is the traditional thing to gift. Well not like a whole piece of iron. Something that includes iron," I explained to Andy.

"How do you know these things?" Andy asked chuckling.

"It was in one of the wedding magazines from when we got married. It listed the first 10 years of marriage," I commented.

"Damn darling you really studied it all," Andy remarked proudly.

"Of course love I mean I like the idea of having a gift centered around it," I explained.

Andy smiled.

"So I got to think about something iron-related for you," Andy commented as he adjusted on the couch.

"I don't even know what I could get that incorporates iron," I remarked.

"An iron anchor?" Andy chuckled.

"What for your boat?" I asked chuckling.

"I guess I mean," Andy commented.

"How do I even order a damn anchor?" I asked him.

"I honestly don't know," Andy laughed.

"Jesus, how would I even take that with us if we go out of town?" I asked chuckling.

"Just pack it in a suitcase, darling," he teased.

"The airport if we fly will detain that bag," I remarked back.

"Well what if we drive?" Andy asked.

"That would be a heavy load in the trunk," I chuckled.

"In all seriousness darling, you don't need to get me an iron for my boat," Andy told me.

"Wait, that's an idea though. Why don't we go to Florida and spend some time on the boat? We haven't done that in a while," I told him.

"That's a wonderful idea darling," Andy told me.

"We could go to Florida and of course see your brothers. And then enjoy a day on the boat to celebrate. Just like the old days," I told him.

"It's settled let me check the calendar to see what days to book the plane tickets," Andy remarked as he stood up to go look at the calendar.

"I think our anniversary is like on that Thursday or Friday," I told him.

"You are right darling," Andy told me.

"So we could go through Sunday?" I asked.

"True darling I like that instead of rushing home. We leave Thursday and come back on Sunday afternoon," Andy replied.

I sighed contently.

"I can work on my late summer tan," I told him as he joined me back on the coach.

Andy chuckled.

"Of course you would think about that darling," he replied.

"Yep," I told him.

"So I will call them in the morning to book the tickets," he told me.

"Eeek now I cannot wait," I told him as I started thinking about everything. 

"Now you are gonna panic and pack mentally for the next 3 weeks," Andy teased.

"Shut up I always have to be 10 years ahead of everything," I told him.

"I love that about you darling it's not a bad thing at all," Andy defended.

To a nice plan of working towards our anniversary trip.