Chapter 187

"Well at least you didn't break anything," I told Andy who was looking at me frustrated.

He went to Florida to work with his brothers on some projects and came back pretty bruised after a tennis game went wrong. 

He pulled a muscle on his right side and hurt his rib cage after deciding it would be okay to continue playing tennis in the rain. It was slippery and down went Andy and Barry without a moment's notice.

He continued his frustrated stare at me.

"Darling," was all he commented.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"C-could you uhm give me a rub down?" he asked quietly. 

His pain meds were wearing off and he didn't want to take anymore till later.

"With that look on your face, how could I say no?" I told him as I went to get the icy hot cream.

He sighed in relief.

"I feel so dumb for not listening to Linda or even you in the back of my head. "You're gonna get injured if you keep playing in the rain." I regret it," Andy replied with a groan of pain as he adjusted to lay down on his left side.

"Well like I said earlier, it could be a lot worse like a broken arm or broken ribs," I told him as I got a glove to put the icy hot on his arm and side.

I squatted down to look at this face. He had his eyes closed momentarily.  He fluttered them open at my stare.

"What?" he asked with a small chuckle.

"Come here," I leaned in to give him a few kisses.

His energy was so low. You could feel it in his kiss.

I messed with his hair a bit. He sighed.

"After you put the medicine on darling, will you uhm, let me lay my head in your lap so you can play with my hair?" he asked shyly.

I smiled at him.

"Of course love I mean anything to make you feel better," I told him as I kissed his forehead.

I went ahead and gently massaged his arm with the medicine.

I washed my hands and came back to Andy on the bed.

"It's a good thing this bed is so big so you don't completely hang off the side laying on your back," I teased him.

"Leave me alone," he replied back chuckling.

"Okay I won't play with your hair then," I told him as I crawled on the bed.

Andy slowly sat up and scooted over to where I was.

I put a pillow across my lap as Andy got comfortable.

"Better?" I asked him as he lay down. 

He closed his eyes contently as I used my finger to trace his face.

I ran my finger over his forehead gently. He smiled.

"This is the best I've felt since I got home," he commented quietly.

I smiled to myself. I leaned down to kiss him.

"If you keep doing that, I'mma be passed out asleep," he joked as he looked at me.

"Well, that's good then. You need to rest love," I told him.

But you know him, stubborn as can be as he shook his head.

"I just, I don't know want to say a thank you again darling. You do so much for me and I feel like I don't thank you enough," he remarked while stifling a yawn.

"Andrew," I commented as he used his left arm to pull me down to kiss him.

"Yes?" he remarked after he pulled away.

"Being spontaneous got you injured last time," I remarked.

"Good point," he chuckled as you could tell the medicine began to work.

"God the medicine is starting to burn my eyes," I remarked as I fanned my eyes.

"It's very strong and I have no clue why,"  Andy commented as he squinted his eyes.

My eyes had watered so bad it looked like I was crying.

"Oh darling why are you crying?" Andy asked confused.

I laughed.

"I'm not! It's the medicine," I told him as I wiggled out from under him gently.

I left him there lying flat out on his back.

"Darlinggggggg where are you going?" Andy asked.

"You're making me cry with your arm," I commented as I stood in the bathroom.

I grabbed the saline solution and put a drop in my eye to hopefully clear out the problem.

"Oh I didn't know it was that bad," Andy remarked as you could hear him getting off the bed.

He walked into the bathroom and stood behind me.

"I'm sorry darling," he told me.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Some people are more sensitive to smells and scents than others," I told him as he kissed the top of my head.

"I still bad," he told me as I fanned my eyes one more time.

My vision was no longer blurry due to the tears.

"Don't feel bad except maybe listen to Linda and me in your head next time," I joked.

Andy groaned at my remark.

"How rude darling," he responded chuckling.

"It's true though," I told him as I turned around to face him.

He sighed.

"You are right," he told me defenseless.

"Let's go back loverboy to make sure you rest," I grabbed him by his left hand and brought him back to bed.

"I never thought you'd ask," he remarked jokingly.

I stopped and looked him dead in the eye.

"Shut up," I scolded.

"That's not, never mind," he commented.

"You are dirty now shush," I told him as I sat down on the bed.

"I was just testing the water," he alluded. 

I flicked him in the chest.

"Okay okay fine," he chuckled.

"Now lay down and shut up," I told him.

"I never thought you'd ask," he teased as he stole a kiss from me.

Love has a lot to do with healing I suppose.