Chapter 119

The New Year was moving along. I was finally feeling more like myself after a period of inner demons fighting me.

Andy had a few concert appearances over the last few days. His record sales were recovering. But, he really wanted me to go with him. The only problem was I was working long days right now. We were on the back porch going back and forth over this. I was nervously swinging in the porch swing.

"Darling, can't you come out with me?" Andy pleaded with me.

He had a show in Riverside, CA. But, because of work, I couldn't go.

"Love you know I have work that day," I told him.

"You couldn't fly out for the show?" Andy asked.

I frowned at his pleading.

"Love I love you but I cannot miss work," I told him.

"It'll be weird without you there," Andy commented.

"I know and hey you can call me before the show," I suggested.

"Sometimes, and I don't mean this rude darling, you weren't so successful," Andy remarked.

I chuckled.

"I could say the exact thing about you mister," I told him.

"I guess that's true," Andy realized. 

"Yeah hello," I joked with him.

Andy adjusted his stare from me to the yard.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him after a few minutes.

"How in the heck we got so lucky to have each other? At times, I feel like it's a dream," Andy commented quietly.

"You are so analytical and romantic love," I told him as I found his hand to hold.

"I never realized how your hand fits in mine like it's meant to be," Andy realized.

I smiled. I loved when Andy got all mushy and book-store romantic.

"Yeah it does," I remarked as I used my thumb to caress the top of his hand.

We stayed quiet as we swung back and forth on the porch swing. 

I was of course the first to break the silence.

"I wonder what I would be doing if we had never met," I randomly thought out loud.

"Probably still working at the record store though you got through college," Andy chuckled.

I laughed.

"Good point I'm such a pushover sometimes. I don't like saying no to people," I told Andy.

"But you have learned boundaries are healthy and important," Andy told me.

"Thanks love I do feel like I've grown up a lot, especially in the last 2 years," I replied to him.

Andy smiled at me. He took advantage of it and stole a few kisses from me.

"Mmm," I hummed against his lips.

He started smiling against my lips.

"You are crazy," he commented.

"How am I crazy?" I asked him as I gently pulled away.

"I don't know but you are and I love you," Andy told me.

 I looked down at our hands linked and back at him.

"I know I am crazy 'cause I married you. I love you more," I told him as I gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

Andy sighed contently as he left a few kisses on my temple.

"How do we get so mushy and lovey-dovey like this?" I asked him

Andy chuckled.

"I don't know darling. But I know physical reassurance is your love language. And I don't mean it in a dirty way. Just holding hands and kisses help," Andy told me.

I smiled.

"Yeah, you know me very well," I told him proudly.

"I know my lady very well," Andy commented with a smile.

"You definitely do love," I told him as I kissed his cheek.

"I learn very fast," Andy told me as he kissed my hand.

"How have we almost been married half a decade in the fall?" I asked Andy.

His eyes got wide.

"Wait damn yeah how have we almost been married half a decade?" Andy paused.

"I feel like time is going way too fast at times," I remarked.

"I agree darling," Andy replied in shock.

"The times keep on changing," I commented.

"And the wheel of time will keep on going," Andy told me.

To another day of our lives in the books.