Chapter 100

Andy was off at a concert in SoCal for some festival. I decided not to tag along. All while this was happening, the winds were picking up outside. I had just gone to bed. Andy would be home after midnight so why even bother staying awake? It was a little after 11.

I kept tossing and turning. The winds were keeping me wide awake. Without Andy next to me, it was a bit harder to fall asleep.

At one point, I got up and stared out the window.  I watched the weeping willow branches swing and smack around. Biscuit was in her kennel and surely was not asleep. I went downstairs and got her out of it. It was now closer to midnight. 

I proceeded to go to the kitchen. I had made Andy a dinner plate for when he came home and so I put it in the microwave. I rummaged through the cabinets for a snack. Maybe something like that would help?

I got the tea kettle going and made myself another cup of tea. I went to the cookie jar and grabbed 4 Oreos. 

Biscuit was laying in the living room waiting on me.

After my tea was poured, I walked to the living room and sat there quietly with my tea and snack. 

The wind kept getting louder and louder. 

I sat there contently eating the cookies and drinking my tea.

A little before one, the door opened.

"D-darling," Andy remarked startled.

"Hi," I whispered back as I put my tea mug down.

"Why are you still awake? I mean not that I'm complaining," Andy remarked as he shut the door.

"The wind," I replied with a yawn.

"I know it was pretty nasty out there by the canyon. They could barely see with all the dust," Andy said as he popped his shoes off.

"I can only imagine. I couldn't sleep so I thought tea and cookies might help," I replied.

"Well let me get settled in and we can both try and sleep," Andy remarked as he went to wash up.

He wanted to eat before getting ready for bed I could tell.

I stayed sitting on the couch waiting for Andy to join me with his food.

After a few, Andy walked in and sat down next to me.

"So how was your evening darling? I mean besides the wind," Andy commented after he took a bite of food.

"Well normal I guess," I joked.

Andy chuckled.

"What do you mean by normal?" Andy asked.

"Well normal. I did what I always do after dinner and before bed," I told him.

"Ok you are crazy," Andy analyzed.

"I think we knew that," I joked.

Andy chuckled as he ate contently.

"How was the show? A lot of women screaming to see you shake your backside?" I asked jokingly.

"Darling don't try and kill me," Andy replied as he collected himself.

"Well I got to know how the show was," I replied innocently.

"It was good. It was a smaller set so we only had like 6 songs so it wasn't too much. There were a few teenybopper-type girls in the audience but they were ok," Andy replied.

"Well you are getting older so your audience is growing up with you," I told Andy proudly.

"That's a good point darling," Andy replied as he finished his plate.

"Hurry and get ready for bed so we both can sleep," I told him.

"Ok ok darling," Andy chuckled.

And so, we both went up the stairs. I ran to the bathroom before Andy took his shower so I didn't have to get up again once I got comfy.

"I'll be quick," Andy told me.

"Sounds good," I replied as I got my pillows situated.

Andy went and got ready for bed while I tried to find a source of sleepiness.

I sat there staring blankly until Andy came into my vision again.

"You weren't lying when you said you'd be quick," I joked.

"I just needed to freshen up again. I washed my hair at the venue after the show," Andy commented as he came to bed.

"God you smell good," I remarked.

"Thanks darling," Andy chuckled.

I reached over to turn my light off. Andy was still adjusting his pillows before laying down next to me.

He was tired but I was still not.

After we settled in with each other, Andy turned his light off.

The dark was helpful to get sleepy. But, my brain would still not shut off.

The clock now read 1:56 a.m.

After a period of silence, Andy spoke.

"I know you aren't sleepy yet darling," Andy whispered.

"How did you know?" I asked him.

"Because usually, you snore when you are on my chest like this," Andy whispered with a chuckle.

"Oh. Wait I snore?" I asked him.

"Yes, but its cute," Andy told me.

"Of course, you think it's cute," I replied as I left a kiss on his chest.

Andy then moved his hand up to my hair. 

"This should help," Andy whispered.

He knew how to calm my nerves.  He knew my love language.

"Good night love," I whispered.

"Good night darling," Andy whispered back.

Sweet dreams.