Chapter 171

"Oh wow, your album will be out in July?" I asked Johnny as we were doing some paperwork in my office.

"Yes, I am really nervous. I will also be doing a small tour to promote it," Johnny explained.

"You'll do great I know it. You really are in your mania right now," I told him.

"Yeah huh. I like the sound of that," Johnny replied as he concentrated on the paperwork before him.

"So you'll be gone probably in the fall right touring? Damn things have changed so much," I remarked as a knock on my office door paused our conversation.

"Come in," I remarked loud enough.

It was of course my boss, John.

"How are things coming along?" John asked as he entered the room.

"Good good he's finishing up the paperwork," I told him.

"Did he tell you we are planning a small U.S. opening act tour for him?" John asked me.

"No, tell me," I remarked to him and Johnny smiled.

I liked hearing John brag about Johnny.

"Well, we are looking for someone that's on tour in the fall. So far, we are in talks with Wham, Queen, and Van Halen to add Johnny to the opening act of the tour," John explained.

My mouth flew open. Johnny had not disclosed who he'd be touring with.

"Oh my gosh, that's crazy!" I remarked as Johnny handed me the papers he was finished with.

"Yes, so we are hoping one of the 3 or whoever else may be touring will say yes," John told me.

My smile got so big. For a kid from New York like Johnny going from selling these band albums to now possibly working with them made me so happy.

"Wow, I cannot wait to see what formulates this fall for him,"  I said gesturing to Johnny.

He was smiling at the both of us.

"I'll leave you guys to it," John said as he exited the room.

I smiled as John shut the door.

"Why didn't you tell me you may be going on tour with Queen or even Wham?" I asked Johnny.

He chuckled at my reaction.

"Hey hey hey I'm not one to brag okay," Johnny told me as he finished up the paperwork.

"Yeah yeah it's your tough New York image I suppose," I told him in response.

Johnny rolled his eyes.

"Perhaps or maybe it's still so surreal that this is happening," he gestured to the room around us.

"That's a good way to think," I told him as I filed his paperwork before glancing at the clock.

"Is that all I needed to do?" Johnny asked me.

"Yep you are good to go," I told him.

"Alright, are we still on for dinner on Sunday?" Johnny asked.

"Yes at my house. Levi will be coming too," I told him.

"Sweet alright I will see you around," Johnny said as he disappeared from my office.

I smiled as this life was truly surreal like Johnny said.

I finished up my work and was on my way home.

It was a little before 3 when I got home.

I walked inside to find it quiet.

"Honey I'm home," I called out.

I could hear Andy chuckle from the kitchen.

"In here darling," Andy explained.

I walked to the kitchen.

"Hiii," I remarked as I noticed Andy was making something.

"Hi darling," Andy told me as he paused whatever he was doing.

"Whatcha making?" I asked as he stole a kiss.

"I was trying to surprise you by making a cake. I found the recipe book you created and was following it," Andy told me proudly.

"Ooooh, how far are you with the batter?" I asked him.

"I just need to add vanilla," Andy told me.

"Okie dokie I'll leave you to it," I told him as I kissed his cheek.

"You can sit at the table," Andy told me.

"You want me to taste the batter once it is done right?" I asked chuckling.

"Yes darling I do," Andy smiled at me.

"I'm surprised you actually wanted to bake. You really have never baked anything in the time I've known you," I told him.

He laughed.

"This may be a one-and-done," Andy told me as he found the vanilla in the cabinet. 

I giggled.

"I doubt it," I told him.

"Well come here," Andy commented as he finished mixing the batter.

I walked over to the counter and got a spoon to taste it.

"Soooooo?" Andy asked.

"It's actually really good. You did great love," I told him.

He really did. I couldn't wait for the cake to be done.

"Really? You ain't bluffing? "Andy asked for reassurance.

"I ain't bluffing it's really good. Hurry up and get it baked," I told him.

Andy laughed at my actions.

"Okay okay darling Jesus," he remarked as he found his cake pan.

A sweet way to end the day.