Chapter 170

The new year was in full swing. Johnny was working on his first studio album after his first 2 singles. Andy and I were taking life day by day just trying to make things work.

Today was only the 6th day of the New Year and I was optimistic this year would be different. 

I was cleaning the living room when I heard a knock at the front door.

"That's weird we weren't expecting anybody," I mumbled to myself.

I looked through the peephole and it was Levi.

"Hi what a surprise," I remarked as I greeted Levi.

"Hi, are you busy? I just need a friend to talk to," Levi explained.

He was visibly upset.

"Come in what's the matter?" I asked Levi as I escorted him to the living room.

 "Well, with the New Year, I wanted a new me and not hide any secrets. I called my parents to let them know that I'm not like everybody else and they don't want to be in my life anymore. But I know you are a confidant of mine and I wanted to let you know that well I'm, I'm," Levi explained.

I smiled to myself. We ALL knew that he was different. But it wasn't something we discussed nor did we at all think about at all. He was just Levi to us.

"Levi, you don't have to tell me. I know. I've known for years and that doesn't change how I feel about our friendship," I told him.

Levi paused and looked at me.

"You, you knew? All these years?" Levi asked.

I chuckled.

"Levi, I think everyone knew. You loved the Rollers. You got extremely shy talking to them way back yonder. You also really dig my husband's music and you turn red every time we talk about him. Which is not bad let me put that out there," I told him confidently.

Andy walked into the living room at this time.

"I didn't know we were expecting company," Andy commented.

"I didn't either," I replied chuckling.

"I just needed a friend to vent to and I am glad I chose to come here," Levi remarked after he sniffled.

"Is everything okay?" Andy asked us.

I looked at Levi and back at Andy.

"Everything is perfect now," I told him and Levi smiled at me.

"It's nice to see you Levi. How's the record store?" Andy asked as he joined us in the living room.

I could tell Levi was full of relief. At least something worked out in his favor today.

"It's going. Big Boss is the same old. It's weird being the last man standing there," Levi replied.

"That was my life for wayyyy too long but if I had never worked there, who knows who I would know today," I analyzed. 

And so, shortly, Levi went on his merry way. Andy was so confused at Levi's sudden visit.

"Is he ok? Like what happened?" Andy asked me as I went to put the vacuum up after vacuuming.

I took a deep breath.

"Levi came out to his parents and it didn't go so well," I told Andy.

"Came out? Wait," Andy realized.

"Yes. Levi is well, he's a lavender," I told him.

"Wait we knew that? Right?" Andy asked confused.

I chuckled.

"Yes, I knew. You knew. Johnny knew. Karen knew. Levi was so worried to tell me today that he was and my goodness I was like Levi, honey, we knew. And we love you no matter what," I told Andy.

"I think it's nice that he trusts us. Well you darling," Andy replied.

"Yeah that's true I mean Levi is like a brother I never had just like Johnny," I told him.

"No wonder it was a surprise he was here. I was so confused when I came down the stairs and was like we were definitely not expecting anyone today," Andy told me with a smile.

"Yes I was shocked just as much as you," I replied to Andy.

"Now to finish up household chores," Andy told me as he kissed my forehead.

"Yes," I chuckled.

Levi's secret was safe with us. In an ever-so-changing world, we have to support one another for who we are.