[33] The Year 1522

Chapter 33: The Year 1522

"Mmhm...."

Hashirama groaned and sharply opened his eyes. He took deep breaths while his eyes roamed around the unfamiliar ceiling; his wet back against the bed.

"Ah, fuck, that dream again..."

Sitting up quickly, he shook his head to forget it. A while later, he yawned and got up with a stretch of his arms.

The room he was in was unfamiliar, it was inside the Rain Base. He didn't go back to the hotel last night, there was no opening to leave because of a dinner party. So he slept here. It was a better experience anyway, as this hotel was much better.

"I just hope those two girls didn't get into a fight." Hashirama yawned again and got off the bed.

After freshening up, he wore a green t-shirt and black capris pants. He went to greet the King and Queen, but it turned out they were still sleeping.

"Uhm..."

Only Vivi Nefertari wasn't sleeping, and she got up just when Hashirama went to check on her, even though he wasn't planning to wake her up.

"Ah... Hashirama!" Vivi's eyes were blurry for a moment before they lit up. She jumped off her bed and ran to the door that was just opened by Hashirama. "What's up? Do you need me for anything?"

"Ah no, go back to sleep." Hashirama raised a finger and flickered at her forehead. "Just here to check if you were safe or not."

"Huh?" Vivi asked with a tilt of her head as she rubbed her forehead. "Also, stop doing that to my forehead! You'll leave a mark at this rate."

"I'll think about it in my sleep. Bye." With a wave of his hand, Hashirama didn't give her any further heed and ran off.

Hashirama got out of the golden pyramid building, said hi to the guard, and made a run for the hotel.

On his way, he slipped into an alleyway and used Transformation Jutsu to turn himself a little different from his current appearance. Then, he continued on his route to the hotel.

Hashirama got in front of the receptionist and went up after registering, and soon he was standing in front of the door.

Knock Knock

Hashirama knocked. However, there was no answer.

"Are they still sleeping?"

Such luxury for two wanted criminals? How stupid.

Knock Knock

Hashirama knocked again, but there was no answer then either.

"Ugh. Hey, Mikita! Open the door." with a grunt, he yelled through the door.

Yet, there was no answer.

Something was wrong. Did something bad happen?

With his chakra, Hashirama manipulated the wooden door; it snapped its lock before creaking open.

"Hey, Mikita, Robin." Hashirama walked in with a frown while calling. "Where are you two-"

His words caught in his mouth as the sight inside registered in his head.

Empty. It was all empty. Well, there wasn't much in the hotel room that didn't belong to the hotel itself, and those things were still there, but the two large briefcases that were full of gambling money were gone.

The closet and the wardrobe were open, and all the clothes that Mikita had bought earlier were gone. Vanished.

More importantly, Mikita herself was gone. So was Nico Robin. They both were... nowhere to be seen.