30. Making things right

Freen POV

I have already messaged Becky informing her that I am coming to meet her. Saint is driving my car and John is following us in another car.

"I never asked your full name Saint, is it Saint Rueng?"

"Yes Ms Chakimha! But how did you knew this?"

"It was a guess" I winked at him.

"Can I ask something from you Saint?"

"Yes-- ofcourse"

"We don't have that much age gap, you can call me just Freen!"

"But-t-that will be wrong" he mutters.

"Do you consider me as your friend?" I asked.

"Yes, you saved me from getting beaten up by gangsters and then helped me by offering me work for you, in a way you are my saviour!"

"Then you have to do as I say, you are gonna call me Freen from now on, I am not asking, I am demanding this" I said while giving him cold states.

He agreed to call me Freen and we both laughed as friends.

**

We reached Becky's house.

"Why are we here Freen, you can meet her afterwards also, you need rest".

"It's important Saint, and we will not be resting, we have lots of work to do, lots of things to fix."

He just nodded and I got out of the car, Becky came running towards me out from her house, she hugged me tightly, her eyes were swollen red because she was worried about me. I patted her back to calm her down.

I saw her state and I thought what I have done to her, she is in this state when I was only in hospital for a day, how would she have survived in the past when I died and left her alone. I told to myself that I won't let this happen.

"Becky we need to talk, let's go inside"

We went inside her house, her parents are not home now and Richie is also out for some work but he will be back in an hour. Right now we are alone in her house. She took me to her room and we sat on her bed.

It's very difficult to do what I am going to do now but I have to do this, I have to be strong, I have to do the right thing.

"Babe are you fine?" Becky said while caressing my hair.

"Becky, what I am going to say now will sound ridiculous, but please don't hate me" I said while looking into her eyes.

"Are you alright babe? What are you talking about? I will never hate you! I love you babe".

"Becky, I--I--don't think I can continue this r--r--relationship any more. I have realised that us being together is not good for you, I am not good for you, I am not good for us. I love you with all my heart but I cannot continue this relationship anymore. I know you also love me very much, this is not something that I am saying without thinking. I have thought about this so many times, this is the last resort. I tried everything - everytime but I can never make things right, something always goes wrong, I always end up losing." I said with tears in my eyes.

Tears start rolling down her eyes, she is trembling so badly that she is unable to speak anything.

I wipe her tears, I lean on to kiss on her cheeks, but she moves back.

"I don't want you to wait for me, I want you to be happy with your family and friends."

I get up to leave the room "B-Babe tell me, te-tell me what's wrong? Are you suffering from any terminal disease?"

A small laugh came out of my mouth while I was still crying. "No Becky I am healthy, I don't have any disease" I pat her head.

"Is-Is you family forcing you to break up with me?"

"It's no one's fault Becky, it's the fate. Fate always betray us. We cannot be together ever"

"Are you out of love with me?" She asks coldly.

I take a minute to think "Maybe".

"Get out of my house Freen" she says while wiping her tears.

I can see the shift in her eyes, all the love, concern and care changed into one thing - anger. Maybe it's good if she hates me, because love have done us no good ever.

I nod my head and leave the house, while entering my car I saw Richie arriving to house, he looked at me in confusion because I was crying. I don't wait for him to approach me, I asked Saint to get away from here fast.

In the car I messaged Richie to take care of Becky, I have hurt her badly.

I was crying in the car and Saint didn't asked me anything out of respect.

**

I am in hotel now, I told Saint that I don't want to go home. My phone is continuously getting calls by my parents, Heng and Richie, I switched off my phone.

I asked Saint to arrange me another phone with a new number without anyone knowing.

Saint leaves to arrange the phone.

I convinced John to assure my parents that I need some space, I don't want everyone to follow me except him and Saint.