36. Becca

1 week later...

Freen POV

Last few days were very stressful, my life turned upside down, I found out that everyone I trusted were just using me.

Saint was the one who supported me in this weak time, if he wasn't there then I would have destroyed myself. He and Becca are the ones who are keeping me sane.

On that day when Becca saw me after so many years, she got in shock sleep and has not got consciousness after that day. With the help of P'Nam we made everyone believed that Becca died few days back. We have to do this for her safety.

Only P'Nam and Saint knows that Becca is alive, and with their help I was able to bring Becca in USA away from everyone who can hurt us. She is in a coma because of shock, I have arranged the best doctors for her, best facilities for her so that she can recover. We have been observing some improvements in her condition, doctors say that she will be awake at anytime.

I am in the Becca's hospital room, everytime I see her my heart aches because of regret, I died and left her, she remained alone in a time where she wasn't even born. Because of me she is in this state, she became lifeless body after getting the news of me dying.

"I will solve everything silly, this time I have decided that I will save you..." I kissed her on the forehead.

"I broke up with you, and you hate me now. We even had a hot hateful lovemaking session which I can't remember completely because I was on drugs, I want to remember it, let's do it again after you wake up and this time we will do it while I am sober, not drugged! I don't even remember if you took my consent on not, my super angry and jealous girlfriend!!" I tease Becca.

I decided to break up with Becky because if we don't have any relationship then we don't need to stay close to each other. Everytime she travelled in the past because she loves me, so no love means no more time travel. And without me also she can be happy and healthy in this timeline.

Saint comes in the hospital room.

"I still can't believe that time travel is real and she is Becky but just older" he says while giving me some papers to sign.

I can trust Saint, actually his father was like an older brother to me in past. Before dying I entrusted his father with the ancient pocket watch which makes the time travel possible. Before coming to USA I took that watch from him, now I am prepared if something bad happens then I will change it.

Becky is unconscious, so Saint is the only person who knows everything and he trusts me.

Me and Becky has lived or died on several timelines.

Everytime I fix one thing, then the other thing breaks.

Timeline 1:

I stopped me and Becky meeting in 2015. This change caused a change in timeline, because we never became friends she got into an accident in 2021 and she died.

If I wouldn't have changed the timeline then she would have been alive spending that day with me.

Timeline 2:

I brought Becky back to present from past, this caused my entire family dying with only Preed left alive.

Timeline 3:

I killed John before he killed me in past, but I still died and Becky died while saving me. The timeline remained same.

Timeline 4:

I again killed John and Mr Chen who killed me in previous timeline, but mistakenly Becky dies in the past.

Timeline 5:

I tried to be friends with John, I spent more time with John rather than spending time with Becky in past.

Becky got kidnapped, she got sexually harrassed and she took on her own life.

Timeline 6:

I again tried to be friends with John and I entrusted Becky with Preed, but both of us died in the bomb blast at my house. Someone assassinated my entire family.

Kiet survived because we was in Japan at that time.

Actually in all the timelines from 1999-2001 Kiet was in Japan for some work.

[ There are many more alternate timelines, but let's focus more on the current timeline ]

Current Timeline:

I made friends with John, I convinced my father to transfer Mr Chen out of Thailand, no bomb blast happened this time, Preed died in an assassination but in the end John turned against me and shot me dead.

When Becky got the news of my death, she lost her sanity.

Before I died my father named me as the sole heir of our businesses and property.

When me and Preed died everything became Kiet's, when he came back from Japan, he requested my parents to bring Mr Chen back here.

No more assassinations happened after that on any family member, Kiet promoted John as the chief of secretary. After remembering this I realised that after all these time it was my older brother, my own father who murdered me in all timelines just to get the property.

And that's how we reached at the current point.

***

There are more timelines but with repeated loops I have started to forget some of them.

I have forgotten how this antique pocket watch came into my hands originally in the original timeline.

After that it is Becky who bring it with her in the past from the future. And in future I give this to Becky to save her from assassination in future by sending her in past.

The original timeline is lost.

I don't care much about the original timeline, since what matters now is the current timeline where Becky is suffering because of me.

2021 is over now, so Becky won't get in any accident. Now if I stay away from current Becky then even if I am assassinated, she won't throw herself between us to save me.

I just want her to be happy, I have understood that time travel cannot fix anything. In the end we have to make the choice that what we want more.