136. Accusations

Third person POV

When Rebecca woke up, she found herself handcuffed to the hospital bed.

"What is happening?" She asked.

"Miss Rebecca Patricia Armstrong, you are under arrest with the charges of attempt to murder of Freen Sarocha and Saint. Anything you say right now can be held against you in the court, you have the right to stay silent, but we suggest you to be honest with us. We will be taking you to the police station, once the doctor concludes that you are healthy. We will be taking your formal statement there." The officer informs Rebecca.

"I...where am I? Where is Freen?" The only thing that matters for Rebecca is to know that Freen is safe and out of danger, she ignored all the accusations that the officer puts on her as she already knows that those accusations are rubbish.

"We are not obliged to give you any information about that Ms Armstrong." The officer replies. The doctor comes in and checks Rebecca's health.

Rebecca is not scared at all because she already knows how this works as she is a lawyer. She is very calm about those absurd accusations and the only thing that she cares about is to find out how is Freen now.

Last she remembered before fainting on the cruise is that Freen was not stable and she was on the life support system. She knows the power of Chankimhas, they will do everything in their power to help Freen in recovering fast.

"I am fine doctor, please discharge me fast" Rebecca says and sat on the bed. The officer is surprised to see Rebecca's behaviour, as she doesn't look scared at all about the strong accusations on her.

"Is she good for discharge, doctor?" The officer asks.

"We would like to keep her under 8 hours of observation" the doctor said.

"No! I am alright doctor. I wish to get discharged fast" Rebecca insists.

The officer looks at Rebecca in astonishment. He thinks that what Rebecca did was under the influence of alcohol and now since she feels guilty about doing that, she wants to confess soon by giving her formal statement.

The doctor looks at the officer asking what to do. "Please discharge her fast doctor" the officer orders.

Rebecca got discharged in an hour and on her way out of the hospital, she found her friends waiting for her.

"Rebecca! We were so worried about you!" Irin hugs Rebecca.

"I am worry to make everyone worried. How is Freen" she asks.

"She..is still in the hospital. Tee and Daniel are also there. You don't need to be scared about anything Rebecca, we know that you cannot do that to Freen. Uncle Armstrong is already in talks with a senior lawyer, we will definitely get you bailed by the morning." Irin explains. Chloe and Jack are also here. It is almost 10pm in the night.

The officer took Rebecca to the police station and Rebecca's friends followed her to the police station as they don't want to leave Rebecca alone.

On reaching the police station, Rebecca was kept handcuffed in the waiting area inside a cell as the officers were already busy with interrogating some other people.

Rebecca is worried about Freen, she has been trying to stay strong and calm because she knows that she has eyes on her and anything can be held accountable against her in the court. She closed her eyes and kept thinking about Freen, praying for her fast recovery.

"Get up Rebecca!" A lady officer came and shook Rebecca.

"It's your turn now" the officer informed and pulled Rebecca to get up. Rebecca groaned in pain as the officer pulled her forcefully by her handcuff.