66. Sneaking into hospital

Rebecca POV

The entire day, I stayed in my room thinking about that woman and the picture of us on that device. My uncle and aunt didn't let me go out to see that woman in the hospital. I cried and begged them to atleast tell me the health status of that woman but they didn't told me anything. The last thing that the doctor told me in the hospital two days back is that the woman was in very critical stage.

I planned to go to the hospital in night once my aunt and uncle are asleep after having dinner.

I changed my clothes to sneak out of my house. I also grabbed some money and made a ladder by tying the sheets in my room together. When I was confident that everyone is asleep I laid the ladder out of my room window. My room is in the second floor, it's not that high for me to climb down. Actually I like adventurous things and I am not scared of heights. My parents were also very supportive of me.

I climbed down from my room using the cloth ladder, it's 11pm in the night, everyone in the neighbourhood is already asleep. I ran to my friend's house who lives just a few blocks away. Her name is Julia, she is like an older sister to me. I requested her to lend me her car for sometime, she insisted to come with me but I said no to her, because I am not sure how to explain her about that weird picture that I is in that device.

She reluctantly gave me her car, I thanked her and drove off to the hospital where I took the woman yesterday.

I went in, but the receptionist stopped me. "Where are you going ma'am?"

"I.... I am here to meet...the woman who was in a car accident on new year's night." I explained, I don't know the name of that woman.

"Miss Rebecca! Are you here to see Freen?" A nurse recognised me.

"Freen? Who?" I asked.

"The woman you brought here yesterday. We found few of her things in her clothes, her name is Freen and we are searching for her guardians." She explained.

"Yes! Yes I am here to see Freen" I said.

"She hasn't gained conciousness yet, but she is out of danger now. Sadly you cannot meet her because you are blacklisted by the police" she said.

"Why?"

"Police has marked you because you are being investigated" she said.

"But I am proved to innocent" I said.

"We cannot let you near her, you should go now miss Rebecca" I turned to go out, but instead I hid behind a wall to wait for the nurse to go away.

"How did they recognised me? Seems like they have really good memory." I whispered to myself. I scanned my surroundings and grabbed a mask and long white doctor's coat to hide my identity.

I nervously walked inside the ICU, luckily no one stopped me. After entering the ICU I removed the mask and the lab coat. I walked closer to the bed where Freen was sleeping peacefully.

"How are you?" I asked her, hoping that she will open her eyes and answer me.

I sat beside her and moved her hair away from her face. "Why are you so beautiful!" I whispered in her ears.

Suddenly I heard someone coming in the room, so I climbed on the bed and hid beside her under the blanket.

"I thought that someone came here before, ahhh.... Maybe I am mistaken" the nurse said to himself.

He didn't left the room, instead he sat on the sofa that was inside the room. I peeked out thinking that I am busted, but he was simply reading some files using the night lamp that was beside the sofa.

Afraid to move and get busted, I stayed hidden beside Freen. I was so scared that closed my eyes, praying that the nurse leave soon.

**

Vibration.... Vibration....

I felt something vibrating in my pocket. I opened my eyes, I don't know when and how I fell asleep holding Freen. I scanned the room and the nurse was already gone. The curtains of the room are open now, it's early morning. The room is lit up with sunlight. I grabbed out the device that was vibrating in my pocket, it was the same device that Freen left in my car. It says low battery. I don't have any clue that on which battery does this device operates.

I looked at the woman sleeping peacefully beside me. "Are you gonna tell me what is this?" I asked moving the device closer to Freen's face and showing her the picture on it as if she will reply to me.

"Wake up soon, because you are making me crazy" I said to Freen in frustration and moved the device away from her.

I noticed the screen on the device and this time it's different, the background is different. And it have tiny pictures over the big picture. I tried to touch a small picture when the screen changed showing me albums. I don't understand how this device works. Is it me or the screen is changing by itself, I don't know. Unexpectedly a video started playing it shows me.... No a woman who looks like me is playing with Freen in pool. That woman and Freen are so happy in this video. She calls that woman Teerak in it and says I love you Becky to her before kissing her. I don't know why but my heart sank after watching them kiss, I am so angry and disappointed. The other woman Becky replies her I love you too Freen and hugs her. They are so happy here in this video, they are so much in love just like my parents were in love with each other, I am jealous of what they have. As the video was playing, the screen turned black. I tried to click on it nothing happened. I lightly banged at the back of device to make it start but the device doesn't starts.

"Ahhh....I think it's broken" I said to myself in frustration.

"It's not broken, it turned off because of zero battery percentage. iPhones and battery!" Freen said. I looked at her, she is looking at me.

Thud....

I fell down from the bed in shock.