82. College test

Ashley (Mrs Armstrong) POV

It's been two weeks but we weren't able to find Freen's family. Rebecca has been obediently attending her classes, she has been going to college even on holidays because she has to help in college extracurricular activities to bring up her grades. Her grades are low because she missed her mid-terms tests, on talking with the college Dean he gave Rebecca extra college work to earn some of the grades.

Rebecca has been behaving well after Freen came and started living with us. I must say that Freen is a good influence in her, after her parents death I think that she just needed a friend of her age to talk out her pain.

Freen is a nice girl, we don't know about her real identity but she seems to be of the same age as of Rebecca. Freen told me about going to college and attending business classes with her friend Tee. Rebecca is very protective of Freen, she might not like Freen going out alone so we haven't told about this to her yet. But the good thing is that Freen will be attending the same college as of Rebecca's, it's just that their courses will be different.

The entire two weeks Freen has been studying about accounts, finance and marketing. Tee's parents have talked out with the business college's Dean and have convinced him to arrange tests for Freen with condition that if Freen passes those tests then she can attend the same classes as of Tee. Freen is very determined to pass all those tests and to learn more about business, I can see that she is always happy when we discuss about her studies. I am sure that she will pass all of those tests.

Tee has been visiting us regularly on every Saturday-Sunday to tutor Freen for passing the tests. She leaves before Rebecca comes home. We decided to tell Rebecca about this once Freen passes her tests. We have also hired a home tutor for Freen to help her in preparations.

Tee's parents wanted to sponsor Freen, but we respectfully declined their offer as Freen is also like a daughter to us and we are capable of fulfilling all her wishes.

"I am home!" Freen announced and came running towards me like an excited child.

"How did the tests went?" I asked her as she hugged me.

"It was very simple, I knew most of the answers, I think I might be a prodigy before I got amnesia." She complemented herself.

"I knew you will do well. I can't wait to tell Rebecca about this!"

"Mrs Armstrong...." Freen said as she sat beside me.

"I want to surprise Rebecca, can we not tell her now?" She asked with her puppy eyes.

"I don't know who will be more surprised - you or Rebecca. If she sees you in her college out of nowhere, she might scold you for not telling her before" I warned Freen.

"Why is she so strange!" Freen whispered, I know that she is afraid of Rebecca which makes me laugh.

"She is strange, but we still like her. Don't we!?" I whispered her back to which she nodded.

"I HAVE DECIDED THAT I WILL SURPRISE HER IN THE COLLEGE AND THAT'S FINAL!" Freen announced.

"I am okay if you can handle her when she gets angry. Don't come running to me when she scolds you" I teased her. Freen stood up and stomped to her room like a frustrated child "I am not afraid of her!" She said.

"We will see!" I teased her again.

**

Rebecca POV

I came back home at my usual time at 5pm. These days I have been very busy with completing my assignments and extracurricular activities. I have been leaving for college at 8 am and coming home at 5pm.

Freen has been very tired these days. Everyday she sleeps just after the dinner. When I ask her what she did all day, she changes the topic and annoys me by asking about that time travelling pocket watch. Obviously we haven't been able to find Freen's family as she is not from this time. I want to know more about this pocket watch history that's why I have been circulating the pictures of this watch to antique collectors to gather some information about the origin of this watch. My grandfather bought this from Thailand and passed it to my father, I don't have any more information about it's origin.

I came home and directly went to Freen's room to see her. It's like my routine now, when I am at home I spend all the time with Freen. She is like a stubborn child but with some efforts she is manageable.

I knocked at her door before entering her room "I am coming in Freen!" I announced before opening the door.

Freen quickly came running towards the door and came out closing her room. "Personal boundaries Rebecca!! You can't just come in my room anytime!" She said pushing me away from her room and taking me to my room.

"Heyyyy! But you come unannounced in my room every day! I don't complain!" I said.

"Are you hiding something from me?" I asked as she is strangely silent.

"Stop being SILLY Rebecca! What will I hide from you" she said pushing me to sit on my bed. "Let me put this on table for you" she said grabbing my college bag.

"Thank you Freen" I said and laid on my bed.

"How was today?" She asked.

"Tiring" I answered.

"I thought you like learning law" she said.

"I like law but worrying about you when I am in college tires me out."

"Ahh! You don't need to be worried about from now on" she said as she laid beside me.

"Why so?" I asked as I turned towards her.

She waited and said "Because I am an adult now!".

"An adult with no memories" I flinched her forehead.

"Ouch! Are you bullying me?" She asked.

"I might be!" I teased her and pinched her stomach making her groan in pain.

"REBECCA PATRICIA ARMSTRONG!" She said and climbed over me to tickle me.

"Freen.... Hahaha.... Stop" I said.

She teased me with her tongue and ran out towards the ground floor to escape from me.