137. The voices - I

Two years later....

Freen POV

I am at my house, in Thailand. After the accident that happened on the cruise, my family was so worried about me that they wanted to take me away from USA and always keep me in front of their eyes.

After how Saint turned out, they don't trust anyone for my safety....except of course my saviour...my strong and hot girlfriend Rebecca.

She is my knight in the shining armour. The love of my life!

After a few weeks of my continuous pleas and tantrums, my family agreed to let me stay in the USA, but on the condition that Rebecca will stay with me. This was perfect and I moved into Rebecca's house. Her uncle and aunt are very sweet, they treat me like their own daughter. And my girlfriend is the sweetest and a bit dominating...but I love spoiling her by agreeing with everything she says.

Occasionally, we come to Thailand during vacations, it has been 2 days now when we came from USA to my home, in Thailand. Rebecca has been away after we did breakfast with the family.

PNam came home today to meet me, she is starting her own small business for which she wanted to get my advices. We talked for an hour and then she left.

I came back to my room, I am bored as I have nothing to do now.

My dad is not at home, Kiet is busy in the study room working on something, my mom is also not at home yet, she was supposed to be at home by now, Rebecca took Fluffy with her in her secret mission.

Last night, I tried to lure her by my sweet words to reveal what she was planning, but she is adamant to keep her plans secret from me.

"Maybe, I should reorganize my room to pass time..." I started organising and cleaning my cupboard. All these time, the helpers were doing cleaning and organizing my room, by seeing the old things that are in my drawer, I feel nostalgic.

I looked at my family album. I look so tiny in these pictures and there is also Preed, I rememberd how we loved to compete with each other.

I miss him...I wish he would have been here...with us.

After looking on the family album, I kept it back in my cupboard. Then I opened the secret drawer to look if I still have anything stored here. The keys for the secret drawer is not accessible to the helpers.

There are some letters and something wrapped in the red velvet cloth. I put the letters back as I am more curious to see what is treasured wrapped in this cloth.

I don't remember what I kept here.

I sat on my bed.

The thing wrapped with the cloth fell on the bed. I kept the cloth on the side table and grabbed the thing in my hand which fell from it.

It's some kind of an antique...

On thinking about it.... I am able to recall when and where I found this. I found this on 31st December 2000, in the new year's Eve party.

I was struggling with voices when I bumped into Rebecca that night. At that time we were strangers. She was holding her head and I realised that she is not feeling well. I tried to support her to stand, but as I held her, she became completely unconscious and fell into my arms. I don't remember when, but PNam who was observing us from far away informed me that she put something in my pocket. That thing was an old pocket watch. The voices told me to keep it, so I stole it like a thief and stored this here in my secret drawer.

Later, I went to see Rebecca in the hospital because I felt guilty of stealing it, but after seeing no remorse or worry on her face about the lost old pocket watch, I felt relieved and decided to keep this watch with me instead of confessing about stealing it.