112. The new year

Freen POV

"Don't worry about them" I held Rebecca's hand to guide her the way to our table.

"That is my father and mother, just smile and answer normally to whatever they say." Freen whispers to me as we reach near her family.

"Dad! I am here!" Freen hugs her father. "Darling we were looking for you from a while" Freen's mother hugs Freen.

"I am here now!" Freen answers. "Is something wrong baby?" Freen's mother asks. "Nothing mom" Freen answers.

"Becca, you tell me!" Freen's mother pulls me closer to hug. "Just like Freen said, everything is alright" I reply smiling at her.

"In 15 minutes it will be the next year. Sit down for now" Freen's father says to us. Me and Freen sat beside each other. Freen ordered non alcoholic drinks for us as we sat there waiting for the start of the countdown.

"Calm down, no need to stress about anything" Freen says to me.

"I am okay" I reply.

Freen looks at me before replying "Umm... You don't look okay right now. Everything will be fine Becca. Relax" Freen passes me the glass.

"Drink it, you will like it" Freen smiles as she makes me grab the glass.

"..."

"Is it nice?" Freen asks.

"It's nice ..." I say as I taste the drink slowly. "How did you know that I will like this?"

"Your niece said to me that she liked this drink. Hahaha" Freen laughs.

"You can drink the remaining" I gave my glass to Freen.

"Are you sulking now?" Freen asks.

"No I am not!!" I reply.

"You are! Just like your niece! Hahaha" Freen laughs. I look away to ignore her, she is.... annoying.

"..."

"Do you know that we were supposed to die at this party or later, but because of Becky I was able to protect us all...this time." Freen says as she give me my drink again.

"..."

"Still annoyed at me...." Freen makes me look at her. "Yes you are...." Freen says before letting me go.

"So.... you believe in time travel, do you believe in reincarnation?" Freen asks as she takes a sip from her drink.

"No. Not everything is possible" I replied.

"Right....maybe not everything is possible" Freen stands "I will be back" she whispers to me and excuses herself to talk with some guests.

"She looks and behaves just like my Freen." I whisper to myself as I continued observing her body language and her way of talking. Freen caught me staring at her, making me choke at my drink.

"Becca! Come!" Freen screams for me. I awkwardly smiled and walked towards her.

"This is my girlfriend!" Freen pulls me a bit closer to stand.

"As beautiful as you!" Her friend compliments.

"Thank you" I reply. They talked about some business stuff as I stood there accompanying Freen.

"See you tomorrow" Freen hugs her friend and then we came back to our table.

"You know what?" Freen says as we sat back on the table.

"Hmmm?" I ask.

Freen looks directly in my eyes. Her graze just feels like my Freen's graze, desperately looking for an answer in my eyes, but answers for what I don't know because she stopped herself from asking it vocally.

"2 minutes to go" Freen says looking away for someone.

"It's time......" Freen signals this message to someone across our table.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I already told you, it's time!" Freen looks at the stage, where the man comes miked up.

"Ladies and gentlemen! It's time for the countdown! Let's get readyyyyyyyy....." The man announces and everyone screams yayyyyyy.

The lights starts getting dimmer. I don't like this, I don't want to be alone with unknown people in dark. "I am going to my Freen...." I said to myself as I stood up.

"Becca!" Someone came and hugged me, it was Freen's voice, but when I saw at my right Freen Sarocha sitting and talking with the guests.

"Freen?" I asked to be sure.

"Or who?" Freen moves away to look at me. She is wearing a mask.

"Are you drunk?" I smelled alcohol from Freen.

"She is!" Becky replies and then she taps Freen Sarocha to inform their presence here.

"Why did you came here?" Freen Sarocha worriedly asks.

"She wanted to be here" Becky says pointing at Freen.

"30 seconds to go people!" The man announces.

"Let's go from here Becbec!" Freen pulls my hand. I look at Freen Sarocha and Becky.

"You can go if you want aunt Becca" Becky replies. Freen also nods.

"We... We will go then" I reply.

"Happy new year" Freen Sarocha shakes hands with me and then she takes Becky with her for the last countdown.

"Let the countdown begin!!" The man announces.

"15!"

"14!"

I looked back for Freen Sarocha and Becky, but I cannot see them anymore.

"11!"

"10!"

Immediately the party hall becomes pitch black. I lose Freen's hand in the darkness.

"9!"

My head starts spinning, I am getting a headache..... a migraine.

"8!"

I am getting flashes of memories. I see myself, Robert whom I address as dad, I see Robert's wife - my mother, I see Richie - my older brother and I see Freen. I remembered how we first met on the beach, I remembered Bonbon - her dog, I remembered all our fights and reconciliations.

"4!"

"3!"

I remembered how we got here from 2023, Freen jumped in front of a bullet to save me.

"2!"

I remembered falling in love with Freen Sarocha, how much Freen Sarocha is similar to Freen. It's like, she and Freen are same person.

"1!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!" Everyone screams and colourful lights start blinking in the hall.

I looked for Freen but she is not here. I looked back and I saw Freen Sarocha in the crowd with her family. As I was looking for Freen, I saw my father's pocket watch on the floor. I picked it up and then.....

Blackout.....

I collapsed on the floor....