57. Death can't be fooled

Freen POV

I woke up before Becky. Nam told me what happened yesterday, how Becky blacked out and fell unconscious.

I am scared, I am scared for her, I am scared for me. Yesterday Preed died in an assassination.

When John reached to fetch Preed, he found Preed's car burning in flames. Preed died stuck inside his car. On investigation it was found that someone has assassinated him by planting a bomb on his car.

His body is already turned into ashes. He is gone, and I am sure that soon it's my time to die. DEATH CAN'T BE FOOLED.

My parents are devastated by this loss. I miss him, but I tried to stay strong to protect my family, to protect Becky.

I called Kiet through satellite phone, delivering him this news by myself. He is also shattered by hearing this, he will be home this month, he cannot come sooner because Japan's business is not stable. He is setting up a temporary acting CEO for Japan business who will look over the business until he is back.

Things have started falling down, if future Freen is right then I will die anyday in this week after Preed's death.

"Dad-Mom, are you alright?" I asked as I entered their room.

They haven't slept the entire night, their eyes are swollen red indicating that they cried all night.

"Freen! Baby, come here" Mom patted on the empty space on her left for me to sit on the couch.

I sat beside her and she hugged me "Now we feel better" my mom said.

"All of us miss him. It's stange to live in a world without him, without one of our children. Yesterday we had him but today we are just left with his memories. I regret not spending more time with him".

"Dad.... Don't say this, you and mom never neglected us, you both always gave us the best things and we are lucky to have you both. I.... If Preed was here, he would say the same" I started sobbing in my mother's arms.

"It's difficult not to live without him...." my mom said while crying and dad hugged both of us.

**

I went back to my room, where I found Becky still sleeping.

"Good morning teerak" I whispered in her ears. Her lips immediately formed a smile and she half opened her eyes just to pull me in hug and closed her eyes again.

"Ahh! I would love to stay like this, but I have to freshen up to meet guests. So get up Teerak!"

"Babe, I love you. Yesterday I felt like I... I lost you" she tightened her hold on my waist.

"It felt like my world collapsed and I couldn't breathe. Yesterday...." She stopped midway while speaking, so I pulled myself up to see her. She have tears in her eyes.

"Teerak, stop" I said while wiping her tears, not realising that I am crying again.

"Stop.... Please...." I stammered.

"Who.... Who died babe?"

"Preed" I said and drowned myself in her arms.

I stayed in her arms until someone knocked on my door.

"Freen, guests have arrived. Mr and Mrs Chakimha are asking for you"

"Yes... Nam.... I will be down in 5 minutes" I got up to run to bathroom to take a shower and get ready. Becky kissed me on cheeks "stay strong Babe" she whispered in my ears and left my room with Nam.

**

After a quick shower, I got down to see guests who are here to give condolences to my family.

I stayed strong to support my parents. The entire day passed very quickly.

**

Next day....

"Freen, baby your mom and me will leaving for Bangkok today evening. We are afraid that Preed's assassination is being investigated very poorly, so we have to pull some strings from our side to force the government to investigate this case with no loose ends."

"Okay dad, but please be back soon".

"We will back in 2-3 days baby. You promise us that you will stay within the mansion and you won't leave the mansion boundaries. We have arranged more security for you baby, we are afraid that someone might be targeting our family."

"Yes Mom, I promise I won't leave the mansion boundaries and I will stay safe. But you both also promise me that you will try to be back soon, I am afraid to stay alone mom and dad" I hugged my mom and tears started flowing through my eyes thinking that this could be the last time we see each other.

My dad patted my head "We will be back soon baby, I promise! We promise!"

My parents left for Bangkok in the evening, leaving me alone but only after strengthening the security around the Chakimha mansion to keep me safe.

After Preed's accident, John hasn't been back to the Chakimha mansion, my parents gave him sick leave for a week to recover from the burns that he suffered while his failed attempt of rescuing Preed from the burning car.

With this strict security, I am still afraid that I won't be able to make it till next week. DEATH CAN'T BE FOOLED, it found Preed and next is my turn to go.