85. Lunch

Rebecca POV

As the clock hit 1, my class got over. I quickly started packing my things as Freen said that we will meet at 1 in cafeteria.

"Slow down Bec! Freen is not running away anywhere!" Chloe joked and started laughing.

"I will deal with you later, as now I have someone waiting for me to get my scolding!" I said, making Chloe stop laughing at me.

"Save 3 seats for our gang as you are leaving first" Chloe said to which I nodded yes and ran towards the cafeteria.

I have 3 close friends - Chloe, Jack and Irin. I am not someone with a big friend circle. I don't have many friends, but I have 3 good friends. Chloe and Jack are native Americans, my friend Irin is half Thai and half American, similar to me, I am half Thai and half British.

Freen waved for me from the food counter "Get your lunch and then we will sit and talk!" She said.

The cafeteria is quite empty as most of the students prefer to come at 1:30. I quickly got my lunch and I sat beside Freen. "So tell me now! EVERYTHING!" I demanded.

Freen told me everything about Tee, her studies, her exam and how she got here.

"So everyone knew about this except me?!" I said.

"Yes, because I wanted to surprise you! Aren't you happy to see me here!" She said staring at me with her puppy eyes.

"I am serious now! Stop being cute!" I said pinching her back.

"Ouch!" She groaned.

"I thought you will be happy seeing me here!" She said pulling my left arm.

I pinched her right arm "This is me being happy" I said sarcastically.

"Ouch! It hurts Becbec!" She whispers in frustration.

"MISS FREEN! YOU HAVE BEEN SNEAKING OUT AND DOING THINGS HIDING FROM ME! THIS IS NOT A SURPRISE IT'S YOU TRYING TO COVER UP YOUR LIES!" I scolded her.

"Ahem.... Becbec..... Don't scold me here in college, it's my first day.... You can scold me for lying to you at home" she said cutely circling her finger on the back of my left hand's palm.

"She is right! How insensitive of me to scold her on the first day of her college. I should support her as she is doing the things that she likes and now I don't have to worry about anything as she will be with me all the time. But she still lied to me for days...." I thought.

"You will sleep on the floor for a week as a punishment for lying to me!" I said looking into her eyes. She smiled and replied "OKAY!".

We started eating lunch "Eat slowly Freen!" I said to her.

"Because I have to leave for college after you leave, I wasn't able to complete my breakfast that's why I am very hungry." She answered.

"Have this, it's very nice" I gave her my chocolate pudding.

"No Becbec, you also didn't do breakfast today, so eat it".

"I can buy more Freen!" I said.

"I can also buy more Becbec! So please have your food don't worry about me." She said passed me back my chocolate pudding.

"No Freen, you have it" I put that pudding in her plate.

We started fighting back and forth for the chocolate pudding. She won't accept it. I don't want to scold her as today is her first day, but now she is now testing my patience.

"Have this Freen, I bought three" Daniel came out of nowhere and put two chocolate puddings in Freen's plate.

"Thank you Daniel!" Freen said smiling at him. He sat beside Freen and Tee sat on the empty seat beside Daniel.

"Who the hell he thinks he is?" I said in my mind.

"Tee and Daniel, this is Rebecca my friend. And Rebecca meet Tee and Daniel they are my classmates" Freen introduced us.

"Nice to finally meet you Rebecca! Freen has told me alot about you. Let's forget about what happened in the morning and start afresh as friends" Tee said and extended her arm. I took it and we shook hands. Daniel also shook hands with me.

Chloe, Jack and Irin also joined us, they sat in front of us.

We introduced each other and we peacefully did our lunch as friends.

After completing lunch, I took Freen to talk alone.

"You have that watch with you right?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and pointed towards her jeans pocket "I have it Becbec! I always have it with me!" She assured me.

"Good!" I said and then we left for our classes.

Even though we are in different buildings, I feel relieved that Freen is near me and I can always protect her from anything bad.