59. 2001 Aftermath

Nam POV

I heard people shouting outside the mansion and loud alarms ringing inside the mansion parameters. I went out and people were discussing something about Freen.

My heart sank when I heard that Freen is assassinated. I ran towards the fountain garden, which is crowded by people now. Everyone is crying loudly.

I somehow managed to pass the crying crowd and all I saw was blood. I felt like puking when I saw a dead horse lying on the ground all drenched in red blood.

The I saw a small body, as soon as I saw her, I ran towards her, it was Freen! She was alive 20 minutes back and she is dead now, all drenched in blood. I tried to pull Freen up, but a security guard stopped me.

"No one is allowed to touch Ms Chakimha"

"I am her personal maid, Nam. Please let me hold her" I begged the security guard but he just pushed me away.

"Please sir, please let me hold her" I begged him kneeling down on the ground, crying all my eyes out.

"No means no" he said coldly.

I feel helpless as I saw her lying with no soul, with no life and with no one to hold her.

"Ms Chakimha died due to 2 gun shots on her chest and the horse died due to 5 gun shots. Ms Chakimha have no injuries other than those two gunshot wounds" I heard a bodyguard reporting to his senior.

I just stayed there begging the guards to let me pass, but it was of no use. They started dragging me out of the fountain garden, they have dragged everyone out now.

I saw someone running from the crowd towards Freen.

"Freen!" She yelled with pain in her voice.

The guards tried to catch her, but she was faster than their reflexes. It was Becca.

She jumped over Freen and started removing the top that was all red because of her blood.

"Freen! You will be alright. I know you won't leave me, not again!"

"Get away from her" they guard yelled while pulling Becca away.

She shouted at the guards "What the hell is wrong with you, can't you see that she is injured, we have to take her to hospital, until then I will do a first aid on her, leave me and call an ambulance!"

"Get away from Ms Chakimha!" The guards yelled and pushed her out of the fountain garden.

"I will make Freen fire you all once she awakes" Becca yelled at them.

I pulled Becca in a tight hug "Be strong Becca, we have to be strong. She will not like watching all of us breaking down without her."

Becca pushed me away "What is wrong with you? What without her? She is here in front of us. Stop saying nonsense Nam!" She yelled at me with tears flowing through her eyes.

I saw her shattering in front of me.

When the guards wrapped up Freen's body in white cloth, that was the point when Becca finally accepted that Freen is gone for forever now. I saw her running towards the mansion and I followed her because I don't want her to suffer alone.

When I entered her room, I saw her tying rope on the ceiling, "Is she trying to kill herself?"

I immediately jumped over her and pinned her tightly over the bed.

"Let me go Nam, I can't live without her so I will follow her." She begged to me but I held her tightly.

"No Becca! Freen will hate you if you do this, please gather your strength and be brave for her" I pleaded to her.

She blacked out while struggling with me. I stayed beside her until she get concious again because I don't want her to do anything stupid.

**

Becca woke up after 10 hours, and the girl who woke up was no longer Becca. The girl who woke up was barely even alive, she had an emotionless face and it was like the girl is alive but she has no soul.

Chakimha's supported to get Becca treated but it was all waste. This new Becca doesn't speaks, doesn't looks at anyone and doesn't feel anything. The doctors said that it was because of stress and severe depression.

That day after Freen's death, Becca also died, not completely but what's left is a breathing corpse of a girl who was once filled with life.

**

Chakimha's were devastated after Freen's death, they lost their two children in a span of just seven days.

Mr and Mrs Chakimha regretted leaving Freen alone, they blamed themselves for her death. If it wasn't for Kiet, they would have already killed themselves.

Kiet and his wife came back from Japan. Since Kiet was the only living Chakimha heir now, he planned to stay in Thailand to handle the entire business. Mr and Mrs Chakimha have no interest in left business now.

I left the work Chakimha mansion to start my own business and also because it hurts to stay in that house without Freen. It haunts me everyday when I realise that she has left us.

I have promised Freen that I will always take care of Becca, so to keep the promise I took all the responsibility of Becca. I took Becca to my house and took care of her as my own sister.

**

One year later....

I got an invitation from the Chakimha mansion, it was for a baby shower. I was very happy for them but I didn't had courage to enter that place again.

I heard that they named Kiet's daughter as Freen. Maybe that's their way to cope up with the loss!