116. Always her

October 2001

Rebecca POV

"Now you look like a person who is going out in a party!" Irin exclaims as she pulls me with her, Tee is already waiting for us in her car.

All of us have graduated from our universities and we are working as interns. Me, Irin, John and Chloe we are doing our law internship together. Tee and Daniel are working under Tee's father in one of her hotels.

Things look just so dull that I don't wish to do anything other than working. The other realities in which I have lived is nothing like what it is now. Actually, when I think about all other realities, this is the first time I ever completed my Juris Doctor degree. The only thing that I enjoy and I am passionate about is work. I feel something missing whenever we meet in group. Irin and Tee have been different from the past couple of months. Tee has been stressed about work and Irin is stressed about Tee overexerting herself. Only if SOMEONE was here, things might have been a bit different. You see without that SOMEONE, Tee and Daniel have no motivation to go and pursue their own paths. It was ALWAYS HER who motivated them and together as a group they created the idea of DIVERSITY POP in every other realities. I tried to feed this idea in Tee and Daniel but I failed to excite them about this idea.

"I have been waiting for so long!" Tee says in frustration.

"I am here babe, so sorry for keeping you waiting here. I was ready, but it was Rebecca who needed more time" Irin says after sitting beside Tee. I smiled apologetically and sat on the backseat with Daniel. Chloe and Jack will be meeting us in the party directly.

"It's okay, let's go now!" Tee immediately starts the car.

"You look gorgeous Rebecca!" Daniel compliments me.

"Thank you Daniel! You are looking handsome in this black shirt". Daniel smiles at my compliment.

Irin clears her throat so get Tee's attention, but Tee is totally focussed on the road ahead. Me and Daniel laugh on watching at Irin's failing attempts.

"This is too much now!" Irin yells. Me and Daniel continued laughing as Tee just gave her a questioning stare and continued looking back on the road.

"We are here" Tee unknowingly cuts Irin's sentence, making Irin groan in anger.

"Are you alright?" Tee asks Irin as she drives to her usual parking spot.

"I will tell you alone!" Irin threatens Tee. Finally after stopping the car Tee looks at Irin apologetically, she doesn't know what she did but she is still apologising about it. This is too much funny for us.

"You two get out of the car! We will see you in sometime inside the party!" Irin literally kicks us out of the car and we were happy to go out because now we can laugh more freely.

"Hahaha.... Realtionships!" Me and Daniel laughed crazily thinking about how good it is to be free.

A car honks at us from the back, we quickly move away as we were on their way.

"That's a real beauty! Black Lamborghini!" Daniel turns and eyes the car in a lustful way.

"Close your mouth and let's go" I pull him to look at the front, but he is still drooling over that car. "Boys and their obsessions with cars!" I taunt him.

"You won't understand Becca!" Daniel replies.

"Let's get in the party and find some better things to drool at" we enter the auditorium.

This is the auditorium of our university. We graduated from the university last year and this year we are here as alumni to welcome the freshers in the university. This party is mostly about meeting our seniors and juniors, who cares about freshers here! Freshers are only here to keep the party going as they are in charge of this party.

"It feels good to be back here".

"Same!" Daniel replies.

"There's Chloe and Jack!" I saw Chloe signalling us to come at their table.

"Finally, you guys are here!"Chloe hugs us.

"Yes, we are here" I reply.

"You look hot!!!" Chloe eyes me from top to bottom, making me feel embarrassed.

"Where's Tee and Irin?" Jack asks.

"Don't tell me that they are arguing on something stupid now!" Chloe asks.

Me and Daniel laughed and nodded Yes.

"This is not right for their relationship" Jack points out, making the situation serious.

"Yes, you are right. They have been quarrelling on the stupidest things these days" Daniel points out.

"I will talk with Irin" I suggest.

"Yes! And I will talk with Tee on this" Daniel suggests.

Soon, Tee and Irin joins the party. They are not quarrelling now, but their mood seems low. I signalled Daniel that tomorrow morning we will talk with them with fresh mind.

We ate food, we drank few mocktails and we danced on the songs. Since this party is on the university grounds, alcohol and smoking is not allowed here.

As we were dancing, another fresher group came on the stage to perform on a song. They introduced themselves and I heard a familiar name and saw a familiar face on the stage.

ETHAN!

He.... He looks the same as the Ethan whom I have met several times in other realities in the future.

"What a coincidence" I mutter to myself.

"Thank you everyone for cheering for us, this performance is for all the ladies in the audience who are TOO HARD FO GET..... But we love them regardless of anything." He teases and everyone screams for them.

[ Song: What a man gotta do ]

As they continue the performance, everyone started dancing on their beats. They are amazing.

You ain't tryna be wasting time
On stupid people in cheap lines, I'm sure.

At these lines Ethan walks to the side of the stage. We cannot see him, but everyone started cheering and howling for him.

"WHAT A MAN GOTTA DO!" Everyone in the hall sings with him. It seems like he is dancing around some person, trying to impress them.

Ethan from the future was in a relationship with Saint when he was in the university. I wonder what happens when the timeline changes and Saint is not here as he must be with certain SOMEONE in Thailand.

"Who is it? Can you see them?" I ask Daniel, he nods no.

Soon, we saw Ethan coming back on the stage with that person.

The person on the stage with him....is .... SOMEONE....who was supposed to be in Thailand.

"HOW?" I asked myself.

"That is Freen Chankimha right!?" Daniel asks, Tee replies "Yes".

I am startled, I don't know how to react, I don't know what is this happening.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT WHY IS SHE HERE!

HOW IS SHE HERE?!