78. The uncle and the aunt

Freen POV

We have been driving to Rebecca's home from the last two hours. Rebecca decided to take me to her home with her until she finds my real identity and my family. All the way to her home both of us didn't said any word to each other. In our case talking casually with each other is more awkward than not talking. After observing her from the day I first woke up in hospital I have understood that she is a good liar because until now she has always lied to me about her identity. Now I know her real identity but who knows if she is still hiding or lying to me about something else. My guts tell me that I cannot believe her blindly, in a world of white and black she is definitely a grey character. Asking her to help me feels like making a deal with the devil, but I don't know anyone other than her, so I have to give her a chance to help me in finding my real identity.

Although she is a liar but I can feel that she is worried about me and she cares about me, I hope that I am not wrong on putting my trust on her.

We reached her home. Her house is huge with three floors. When we got out of the car, two people came out running towards us.

"Rebecca where were you from the last two days? How dare you to leave the house without our permission!" The woman yelled at Rebecca, but Rebecca's expression is neutral, I have to admit that this is weird, she is weird.

"Rebecca Armstrong! No more allowances to you for next two months!" The man announced.

"This is Freen she will live with us here for few weeks." Rebecca introduced me and both of the strangers started scanning me from top to bottom.

"Don't mind them and don't pay any attention to whatever they say" Rebecca whispered to me to which I nodded okay.

Both the strangers looked at my and Rebecca's expression to figure out what are we talking about. "They are very strange.... Just like Rebecca" I said in my mind.

"I need to return Julia's car, I will be back in few minutes. Freen meet my uncle and aunt, you can go inside the house and wait for me. Okay!" Rebecca said to me.

"Okay I will wait for you" I replied and Rebecca went into the car and drove away.

"She is strange" her aunt whispered to her husband.

"I agree" I whispered to them and both of them unconsciously nodded in agreement, I started going inside the house.

I went inside the house. The house is huge from inside as well. Everything here looks beautiful and colourful. I went in the hall and sat on the sofa. Rebecca's aunt and uncle followed me while arguing with each other.

Uncle: She never acted up like this before.

Aunt: You have spoilt her. You should have scolded her when she hit that woman with her car, but instead you just grounded her to her room. She sneaked out of the house and stayed outside for more than two days but instead of scolding or punishing her, you just cancelled her allowances. You are too soft on her, she is not Robert.

Uncle: Can't I just play the cool uncle and you can be the evil aunt?

I cannot stop laughing listening to both of them, which directed all of their attention on me now.

"Haha.... Sorry for laughing.... Haa" I somehow managed to control my laugh.

"You house is beautiful" I complimented to make the situation less awkward.

"It's my older brother's house.... Rebecca's father" the man said.

"I can see they have put all of their love in building this house, turning it into a beautiful place." I smiled at the uncle to cheer him up as his face has fallen down after talking about Rebecca's father.

"I forgot to ask about your name before.... What is your name?" The aunt asked.

"I am Freen" I replied.

"How did you two met? I have never seen you before" the aunt asked.

"I.... I am the one who got hit by Rebecca's car that night" I said.

"We have been looking for you from the last two days!" The aunt said in shock.

"We are so sorry Freen for whatever happened that night, we know that we cannot change it but we want to compensate to you in any way possible otherwise we won't be able to live with our guilty conscience knowing that our niece hit you with a car. We are very sorry for her actions Freen." The aunt sat beside me and held my hand. I can see the concern and guilt in both of their eyes. They are good people, I can feel their honesty.

"It wasn't your mistake, please you don't need to apologise to me. Rebecca has already apologized to me and she brought me here to take care of me until I find my family back" I explained.

"Find your family?" Uncle asked.

"Actually, in that accident my head got injured and I have amnesia now. I don't remember anything before I woke up in the hospital after that accident" I explained them about my and Rebecca's arrangement.

"We will do anything to find your real identity and your real family Freen.... Till then you can consider us as your family, let us know if you need anything anytime." Aunt said and hugged me, patting my shoulder.

They are very kind and sweet people. They took me on the first floor and gave me one of the guest rooms all for myself.

"Freen, tomorrow let us go out and shop some new clothes for you." The aunt said to which I replied yes and then she left my room. Their bedroom is on ground floor and Rebecca's bedroom is just beside my room.