125. Late

Freen POV

"Left..." I heard my voice in my mind.

I decided to follow the voice in my mind. I have a feeling that this is important.

This isn't the first time I am hearing voices and having nightmares like this. It started last year in Bangkok.

On the day me and Preed, my twin brother, we were supposed to go out for meetings. I was supposed to go to a location that was on outside of Bangkok city and Preed was supposed to go to our office in Bangkok. That was the first time I woke up shivering and sweating from a bad nightmare. On waking up I didn't remembered anything that I saw in the nightmare. Nam checked on me and informed my dad about my condition. My dad decided to send Preed in my place. Preed, John and driver Anth took the car in which I was supposed to go. Preed and John didn't even knew that they were going on my place as my dad only instructed driver Anth about this change. On that day, their car blew off because of a bomb planted in it. It was a plan for my assassination, but mistakenly Preed and John took my place and they died.

That was a devastating experience, after that day, I sometimes used to feel his presence around me.

The next time this happened when I was travelling to Bangkok with Mr Chen's family. I was in my car with my driver and Mr Chen's family was in the car behind us. I was feeling anxious and nauseous from the morning. Nam knew this. So when we were near market Nam asked the driver to turn left to take me to the hospital. Mr Chen assumed that we were on their front as the market was very crowded. Then as they reached few blocks away from the market near the highway, a big heavy truck collided with their car and he died with his entire family. The truck driver ran away and was never caught, the investigators suggested that this was an assassination attempt on me, because both of our cars had the same model and appearances. The only reason I survived was because we stopped in the market to check on my condition with a doctor. This happened in February this year and after this incident my parents decided that it's not safe for me to stay in Bangkok anymore. My brother came back to Bangkok and my parents sent me here, in USA.

Something is happening, my sixth sense is telling me that I am late to go wherever I was supposed to go, so I drove my car in full speed. I am near a highway intersection.

"Stop...." I said voice played in my mind.

"Am I too LATE?" I asked the voices, but I didn't got any reply.

I got off the car to look around to understand why am I here because all the voices are gone now. They road doesn't have many people and it's very dark.

I walked around the road to look for some clues then I heard a faint bark. I looked for the source of that bark and then I found an injured puppy near the road side, it took me few minutes to find it as the puppy is black in colour. It seems like a car went over it's legs and then someone threw him beside the road thinking that the dog is dead. He is still breathing, so I quickly took him in my arms, covered him in my jacket and I drove to the nearest veterinary hospital. I didn't knew the way, so I called 911 helpline, they helped me in locating a veterinary hospital near me.

The immediately took him in after 20 minutes they declared the puppy dead.

"I am sorry ma'am, but if you had brought that dog an hour before, then maybe we could have saved him. He was a beautiful french bulldog." The veterinary doctor said.

I didn't knew this dog, but I am sad that I failed to save him. Why life is so unfair. Preed and John were never supposed to die but they died in my place. Mr Chen and his family was never supposed to die but they also died in my place. This small black french bulldog was supposed to survive if I would have reached there early, he is so small. All of them were innocent and supposed to live.

Life is so unpredictable and unfair.

I signed the paperworks to take care for the dog's body. I failed to save him, the only thing that I can do for him is to at least give him a name. I filled his name as BONBON on the papers.

"Maybe we will meet in the next life. Next time I promise that I won't let anything happen to you." I said my prayers for the dead pup and they took away his body.

As I was about to leave, a nurse came to me asking for sometime as he wants to show me something.

"Thank you Miss Sarocha for giving me your time. Please follow me in" He opens a door behind the reception. I followed him and then he stopped in front a box.

"This is also a small puppy, he doesn't have a name" the nurse takes out a black and brown dog. "He is a Dachshund, just 6 weeks old." He signalled me if I want to hold that dog. The dog is very shy, but he comes in my hands with no hesitation. "He was found nearby few days back. We are a small hospital and we don't have enough resources to support taking care of dogs with no owners. I saw that you just lost your very young dog, I want to ask you that do you want to adopt him? If you don't adopt him, then anyways we will release him in the wild, but he is still very small to survive alone outside." The nurse explained.

I looked at the small puppy. He was scared so he hid his face in my arms. Never in my life I thought of taking in a dog, it's a difficult decision.

Maybe this is my chance to redeem myself about what happened with Bonbon.

"I will take him with me" I replied and kissed the puppy on the head. He looks up happily for a moment and then again hid his face in my arms.

The nurse took me with him to complete the paperworks for legally taking this dog. I named him Fluffy, because he is soft, warm and cute. Thinking about these qualities I remembered my other soft, warm and cute person, PRebecca! She must be angry as we missed spending the Christmas Eve together.

I bought water bowl, food and some other things for fluffy from the hospital and left with him to go back to the resort.

"PRebecca must be waiting for me. She must be angry at me, but I have a perfect plan to save myself. You will save me flully right?" I ask fluffy after putting him on the passengers seat. He hid his face again, he is very shy and cute.

I folded and kept my blood stained jacket in my car trunk. I hopped into the driver's seat. "Don't be scared buddy" I patted fluffy to make him relax. He jumped over on my lap. "Clingy! Just like PRebecca!" I tickled his ear, he gave out a small bark.

I took him up in my arms to talk with him. "You have to help me in making PRebecca happy as she must be angry by how I left her alone tonight. If she is very angry on me then I will put you on front and then you can melt her with your cuteness. I have a feeling that you are very much like PRebecca and like minded people easily befriend each other." Fluffy barks as if he is saying he's in on this plan. Freen puts fluffy on her lap and started the car.

Fluffy got scared by the car's lound noise and he hid himself inside my shirt. "I will buy a new car which is cool and makes less noise" I patted Fluffy and started driving.