129. The done deal - II

Third person POV

"You are a softie PRebecca...." Freen says looking at Rebecca.

"You are strangely very calm Freen" Rebecca points out.

"I am just frustrated on myself PRebecca." Freen sat beside Fluffy on the sand looking at the waves. Rebecca sat beside Freen intertwining their fingers.

"Why do you like me PRebecca? There's nothing that amazing about me.... actually, I have given up on most of the things in my life. If you see life by my lens, then it's all back and white." Freen says looking at Rebecca.

"I love you for who you are my little NFreen" Rebecca hugs Freen from the side.

"But you don't know most of the things about me PRebecca. You claim to love me, but you never tried to know about me, you never asked me any questions about me or my family." Freen says.

It's true that Rebecca never thought of asking Freen anything because she already know most of the things about Freen from different timelines. Rebecca never tried to learn more about this Freen who is now the only Freen in front of her. Rebecca sadly leans on Freen's shoulder while regretting that why she treated Freen as the versions of Freen from another timelines.

"I...I am not how I seem from outside PRebecca. Almost two years ago, I was a happy person, filled with positivity and love, but now I am just a fake version of my older self. Sometimes I think that I am crazy, you should stay away from me PRebecca." Freen says looking at the waves, without making any eye contact with Rebecca.

Rebecca makes Freen look at her "Stop it now! You are not crazy... And if you are crazy then you don't know that I am crazier than you".

Those eyes, Freen never understood that why did Rebecca was so confident on her, she never understood that why Rebecca loves her and she never understood how Rebecca knows just the right words to cheer her up ALWAYS.

"I hear things PRebecca.... Yesterday was one of those days for me. You saw my symptoms PRebecca." Freen again looks away. Rebecca lean in on Freen's shoulder "If you would have told me then I would have taken care of you Freen. But you choose to run away and hide things".

Freen tells Rebecca about her first experience of hearing these noises, how her brother and John died, how Mr Chen and his family died, what happened on the day she met Rebecca on the freshers welcome party and how yesterday she found a dog on the road who died in the hospital.

Rebecca is shook by hearing all these, she confirmed with Freen that Preed, Mr Chen and John are actually dead, Freen said that she saw all of their dead bodies. Rebecca also remembered that on the day she met Freen for the first time in the USA, there was a huge accident in her neighbourhood, she was lucky that she did not come back home on that night. Rebecca realised that these are small fragments of future-or-past that Freen is seeing just like other Freen's saw in other timelines.

Freen unknowingly saved herself twice, by swapping herself with the people who were plotting on killing her, she saved Rebecca also on that night by making her go to her yacht and yesterday Freen was supposed to save that dog or save Fluffy by adopting him.

All this have taken quite a toll on Freen's mental health. She was supposed to be a carefree teenager, but now she is a person who is filled with guilt and sadness.

Rebecca doesn't want to burden Freen by telling her about different timelines and realities because she can see that Freen is not ready for that. Rebecca has already decided that she will not think about other realities anymore as the one who is in front of her is her only real reality now. The Freen in front of her is the only Freen that matters now.