98. Daniel

Daniel POV

"I like you Freen" I finally got the courage to express my feelings to Freen. I am nervous, and her silent stare is making me worried now.

Freen is now at me apologetically. I get it, I messed up. She is in search of words to reject politely to my stupid confession.

"Daniel.... I am sorry....".

"It's okay Freen if you don't have the similar feelings for me. There's no need to be awkward, I understand."

"Atleast I won't have this regret that I was never be able to confess to you." I smiled sadly and hugged Freen.

It's my belief that I would rather try and fail, instead of sitting like a coward.

"You are a great friend Daniel" Freen's voice is sad. I broke the hug to look at her and she is crying.

"Why are you crying now? I said it's okay Freen. It's good for us as atleast now I would not be confused about our relationship" I wiped her tears with my thumb. It doesn't feels good to see her crying.

I took Freen to a cafe to calm her down. We ordered pastries and tea.

"I am in love with someone...." Freen said as she took another sip of her tea.

"How did I never knew this! Who is he? Do we know him?" I asked in excitement.

"It's a her" Freen started nervously taping her fingers on the tea cup.

Is it.... "Is it Rebecca....?"

"Yes" Freen replied.

"Oh God! It's so embarrassing.... I confessed to both of you.... I must look like a fool. How did I not observed you two before!"

"Stop overreacting Daniel!" Freen stuffed my mouth with a pastry to make me stop talking.

"We started dating after our weekend trip....." I swallowed the pastry.

"But.... now.... I think she no longer wants to be with me" tears started falling from Freen's eyes. I immediately sat beside her to calm her down. She is very sad.

**

Rebecca's Birthday

Today we are going to Rebecca's house to prepare for her party. Irin and Chloe planned to have a night stay at Rebecca's house.

Mr and Mrs Armstrong weren't ready at first, but Freen managed to convince them as she wants the best for Rebecca's birthday.

These two days Freen stayed at Tee's house, even I stayed there as we are working on an important group project. We are working on a business proposal for startup, if our proposal gets accepted then we will get fundings from huge investors to execute our business once we get graduated from our college this year.

I always tried to keep Freen happy, but now Tee has started asking what are we talking about. Freen hasn't told Tee about her and Rebecca.

We reached Armstrong house. Rebecca is locked in her room by Irin as we decorate the hall with balloons and decorations. It's almost 12 when Irin ran to get Rebecca from her room.

We switched off the lights to surprise Rebecca. I stood beside Freen, she is acting to be happy but I know that she is not. I gave her a knowing look but Freen just rolled her eyes in frustration.

"Guys! It's a bit too dark for us to walk downstairs! Let's surprise her from here only!" Irin yells.

Silence....

Jack turned on the lights.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA!" All of us yelled in excitement for Rebecca.

I noticed as we were singing birthday song for Rebecca, her eyes were mostly on Freen.

Rebecca cuts the cake and all of us wished her again.

"We are going to our room now, but everyone behave properly, no screaming and running in the house" Mr Armstrong said.

"Yes, Mr Armstrong!"

All of us decided to go in Freen's room to play games the entire night.

"You guys go, I will bring some snacks" Freen said. I can see how she is trying to ignore looking at Rebecca. I feel bad.

"I will help her!" I smiled and pulled Freen towards the kitchen before anyone notices the change in Freen's mood.

"You look cute when you smile" I whispered in her ear seductively and Freen slapped my hand in disgust.

I like teasing her!

**

"FOOD IS HERE!" Freen announced as we entered her room with the trolley full of delicious snacks.

"YAYYYYY!" Everyone screamed in unison.

"Guys.... don't scream...." Freen whispered cutely. She is cute!

"The snacks excited me" Tee said and walked towards the food trolley.

All of us attacked on the snacks. We ate like we were hungry for days.

We danced, ate food, sang songs and played dares. Joking with the gang made Freen forgot about Rebecca.

After playing games for many hours, we decided to rest. Me, Freen and Tee are on the bed. Others are sleeping on the floor. Mr and Mrs Armstrong already arranged mattress for all of us.

"What you two are hiding.... tell me now" Tee pinned Freen playfully on the bed and whispered.

"Ahh! Why are you torturing me! I thought we are friends!" Freen whispered.

"Friends share secrets!" Tee replied.

"I am her best friend!" I winked and pushed Tee away, making her almost fall off from the bed. It was so funny...hahaha.

Me and Freen laughed at Tee until we were out of breath. Soon Irin also joined us. Freen and Tee already told me that Tee is dating Irin. They really look good together.

"TRin! TRin!" We made fun of their couple name and laughed alot.

**

Freen gave everyone blankets. Mr and Mrs Armstrong forgot about blankets, so Freen searched for blankets for all of us. We don't want to disturb Mr and Mrs Armstrong, so we all decided to share blankets.

Jack and Chloe shared one, Tee and Irin shared one. We were only left with two, I know that Freen don't want to sleep beside Rebecca, so I offered to sleep without blanket.

Freen covered Rebecca in blanket, I can see in her eyes that how much she still loves and cares about her. I don't know what happened between them, but I feel sad for them.

Freen climbed back on the bed and offered to share the blanket. I said no, but she insisted as she won't feel good if I get cold in the morning.