48. Dumb and angry

Freen POV

I went inside Becky's room, the door was already half open.

"Becca.... Are you....."

Silence....

Silence....

"Heyy.... Sister...." Preed said.

"No.... I am sorry to come at this hour, I.... I will leave you two alone." I left the room, and ran towards my room crying.

**

Becky POV

I went to Freen's room to help her in cleaning the wine from her dress, but I saw her hugging that clingy man from the party.

I wanted to punch that man, but I have no right over Freen.

Feeling helpless, I came to my room after informing Nam that I am tired and I will sleep early today.

**

Knock.... Knock....

I stood up in excitement hoping that it is Freen.

"Yes!!"

"Becca, are you awake?" I heard Preed's voice.

I said yes with disappointment.

I invited him inside.

"What's wrong Becca? Are you sad because I proposed to you? If I am making you sad, then I am sorry. You don't need to feel burdened with my feelings. I will always be your friend!" He sadly smiled at me.

"Preed, I .... I am not sad because of you. I am just tired, you are overthinking".

"Really!" He hugged me tightly.

"Yes" I hugged him back.

"You really make me a happier man" he said and we broke the hug.

"Take some rest, I will see you in the morning." He bent down to kiss my forehead, but I didn't knew. So as soon as I pulled my head up to see him, our lips touched mistakenly.

I was startled and frozen at my place. Why it feels so weird and wrong?

I heard Freen's voice "Becca.... Are you.....".

I don't know why I got scared at the thought of her catching us like this.

We pulled away and Freen stared at us in silence.

Preed was also flustered, he tried to say something to her, but she left apologizing for disturbing us.

"Are you fine?" Preed asked me worriedly.

"You don't need to be scared Becca, I have already told Freen that I like you and I have proposed you" he explains.

"Can.... Can you please leave, I need to rest" I request Preed.

Preed politely leaves the room.

I locked my room's door from inside.

I tried to reason my self whether I should explain this to Freen or not, but in the end I concluded with she is not my Freen and I am definitely not answerable to her for my personal matters.

She have no issues with me and Preed together then why should I care to explain myself to her.

**

Next day....

I woke up, got ready and went to Freen's room to wake her up.

Her room is empty and messy.

"She is not here, she went out with her friends early" Nam informed me.