79. My house my rules

Rebecca POV

I came back home after dropping off Julia's car.

"Rebecca Armstrong! We were worried about you all these time. Freen told us about everything, why didn't you come to us?" Mr Armstrong asked.

"I didn't knew that would have listened to me, just like you both didn't listened to me before and grounded me"

"It was for your own good Rebecca. We thought you need some space and time to heal, but now we understood that we were wrong. You took advantage of our trust Rebecca!" Mr Armstrong said.

"No more driving around and sneaking out for you. From tomorrow, you will go to your college, you have been missing all the classes continuously from last two weeks. Mr Paul will drive you to college and will pick you up from there." Mrs Armstrong declared.

"Where is Freen?" I asked ignoring what my aunt said just now.

"She is in the guest room on the first floor. She will live there until we find her real family." Mr Armstrong said.

I started walking towards Freen's room, I have to check if she is keeping that watch close to her or not. That watch is the only thing that is keeping her alive here.

"We are not done Rebecca!" Mr Armstrong said.

"I am okay with whatever you both decide" I said and went to Freen's room.

When I opened the door, I saw her lying on the bed, the watch in her pocket. I felt relieved.

"Do you want anything?" Freen asked.

"No, nothing. I just wanted to check on you"

"Can I ask one question?" Freen said.

"Sure! Go ahead" I said as I sat on the couch inside her room.

"Why is this so important? Do I need to keep it with me even when I sleep?" Freen asked playing with that watch.

"I cannot answer the first question. But about the second question.... Yes, this watch should be in your reach even when you sleep"

"But why!!!" Freen got up in frustration.

"The reason is not important" I replied.

"If you won't tell me then I won't keep this watch with me" Freen said with an evil smile and dropped the watch on bed. She came and sat beside me.

"FREEN!!" I screamed in frustration. I took that watch and tried to make Freen forcefully grab it.

"Stop it Rebecca!" Freen said and pushed my hands away.

I climbed over her and forcefully made her wear the watch, with it's neck chain.

"Rebecca!!" Freen screamed in anger.

"Don't forget that it's my house, you have to follow my rules" I leaned closer to her to intimidate her.

"FINE! I WILL STOP FOR NOW!" She said sarcastically and made me sit beside her.

What does she mean by this? Will she try this again?

"Freen.... The reason is important, but you will forget it even if I tell you now" I said truthfully.

"I won't!" She argued.

"Freen.... Promise me that you will always keep this watch with you!"

"Ahh.... So irritating.... Okay I promise you that I will always keep this watch with me but.... Only for 2 weeks. I am giving you 2 weeks to tell me why this watch is important" she said and stood up to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"I am hungry, it's almost time for dinner now. Let's go and have dinner" she said and both of us left for dinner.

"Freen! Bunny, you are right on time" Mrs Armstrong said. When did Freen got this nickname.

"Yessss!" Freen exclaimed and sat beside Mrs Armstrong.

I sat beside Freen.

"Have some meat Freen" I served meat to Freen.

"Thank you!" Freen smiled and we started eating.

**

After the dinner, I came back to my room as I have to prepare for college tomorrow. I haven't been attending my classes from the last two weeks, if I miss them anymore then I will definitely fail in all the subjects this semester.

I am a law student, this is my last year for getting the JD degree.

I heard Freen closing her door, so I went into her room to check on her.

I knocked and went inside her room. She is looking outside of the window.

"How was the food?" I asked.

"It was yummy"

"It took time for you to come back, did my aunt or uncle said anything to you?"

"No, Rebecca. They were just telling me the stories about your parents. They had quite an adventurous life". Freen smiled at me.

"They were amazing" I walked beside Freen and looked away so that Freen won't notice my tears.

"Time will heal everything" Freen said and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah.... But time can also destroy beautiful things" I said looking at Freen.

"Weird" Freen whispered and sat on the couch. I wish if she could remember everything, I cannot see her living like this, not knowing about her real identity. She deserves better.

I sat beside her. Suddenly she stood up "Ahh.... Rebecca.... I will just be back in 2 minutes, I forgot something downstairs" she said as she started walking away.

"Freen.... Where is the pocket watch!?" I asked her as I followed her. She started sprint walking to avoid me.

"Freen! You forgot it, you promised me to keep it close to you!" I scolded her as I caught up with her speed.

"I forgot!" She said blocking her ears to not hear my scolding and started running.

She took the watch from the centre table of the main hall and put it in her pocket. She turned and looked at me.

"No, no. Not now! Please leave your scolding for tomorrow. I am tired for today." She said and started running away from me.

"Freen Sarocha Chakimha!" I yelled in anger as I started running behind her. She covered her ears to not hear my scolding.

"You will regret this once I catch you!!" I warned.

Freen ran and hid beside Mrs Armstrong. "She is strange" Freen said pointing at me. "Please save me from her!!" Freen said.

"Rebecca stop troubling Freen" my aunt said and blocked me from grabbing Freen. Freen teased me with her tongue and ran upstairs to her room.

"Ahh! Freen! I will catch you!" I warned her as she ran away.

"Let me go aunt Ashley" I request Mrs Armstrong to leave my hands, she laughed and let me go behind Freen.

When I reached to Freen's room, she already locked it from inside.

I went into my room and brought her room key to open her room from outside. These keys were given to me after I inherited all my parents properties. As I unlocked her room, she got scared and started running away. We ran in circles, finally she gave up and jumped on the bed.

I crossed my hands and looked at her "You are sleeping in my room" I ordered her.

"Why?"

"That's your punishment. Follow me now!" I ordered her and she followed me to my room. I have to keep an eye on her that's why I asked her to sleep in my room.

She doze off as soon as she laid on bed. I slept on my study table while working on my pending assignments.