103. Invitation

Freen POV

"Rebecca Armstrong! Get up now!" I pulled off the curtains to wake up Becca. She never left the hotel in the last three days after we landed in Bangkok.

"You are going out so early?"

"It's 1pm in the morning. Get up my lady." I pulled the blanket off Becca.

"It's 1 pm?!"

"Yes"

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

"You looked beautiful while sleeping!" I sat beside Rebecca to wipe her face. "I am going out for a meeting. But in the evening you are going out with me for dinner. It's a date...."

"I really don't feel like going outside" Becca gets up from the bed. I pull her back to sit over me. "I am not liking this anymore Becca. Please stop ignoring me. I tried to book flight tickets to go back home, but all flights are full because of the holiday season. I am sorry for bringing you here. I don't know what's affecting you so bad, but I cannot take this anymore, I.... I.... I can't do this act of staying strong and understanding you because watching you like this makes me weak. Please tell me what's wrong." I hug Becca.

I want answers, I am confused by what is happening with her. Did I do something wrong?

"Do you want us to leave Bangkok? I can plan to go away from Bangkok to another city" I looked at her but her face is emotionless, I don't understand what's running in her mind these days.

On the day we landed, Becca got panic attack on the airport. I took her to the hospital, but she never revealed what's triggered her. The doctor prescribed some antidepressants for Becca. I remembered when I met Becca, she was on antidepressants but she was no longer on it from past 8 months, she was healthy until we landed in Bangkok. Something definitely triggered her on the airport.

"Do you want me not to go for the meeting?.... I take your silence as yes, then let's just stay like this" I said as I hugged her again.

"Freen.... Stop.... Don't miss your meetings because of me" Becca pushed me lightly but I held her tighter.

"You are more important"

We stayed like this for few minutes with me hugging her. Slowly after sometime Becca hugged me back.

I can feel her warm tears falling on my shoulder. I am trying to be strong but I cannot see her crying anymore.

"Tell me.... What I can do to make you better" I mutterd while controlling my tears.

"Stay.... Let's just stay like this?" Becca replied.

"Aren't you hungry? We can stay like this for entire day, but first you need to clean up and have lunch. Let me take care of you" I kiss her on the cheeks. Becca nodded and left for the washroom. Meanwhile Becca was showering, I went to reception to cancel my meeting.

[ Phone call ]

Freen: This is Freen, calling from Diversity Pop.

Reception: Hello Miss Freen! What can I do to help you?

Freen: I had an appointment today with Mr Chankimha regarding investment in my company, I would like to cancel it now. So sorry for this last minute cancellation but I cannot make it today.

Reception: Ma'am please give me a minute, I will call my subordinate who booked your appointment.

Freen: Yes, sure.

After few minutes....

Reception: Miss Freen, I checked with my subordinate about your appointment. Can I know the reason for cancellation?

Freen: I cannot make it to the meeting because of some personal reasons.

Reception: I understand ma'am. Our CEO have interests in investing to your company. Sadly after today you cannot get any appointment with Mr Chankimha until 2nd January 2001. Would you like to postpone your meeting to 2nd January 2001.

Freen: I cannot commit on it, I won't be staying in Bangkok till then. Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't think I would be able to make it.

Reception: I have one more alternative for you if you are interested.

Freen: Yes, please go ahead.

Reception: Our company organises new year's party every year, we can send you the invite for the party, but in the party you will have to explain about our proposal within 5-6 minutes as the Mr Chankimha needs to attend many guests. This will be more like an informal meeting, if you are interested then we will send the invite to you.

Freen: I would like that. Thank you so much.

Reception: No problem ma'am. I just need your address to send the invite.

Freen: Can I bring along one more guest with me?

Reception: Yes.

Freen: Great! Thank you!

Freen shares the hotel address.

Freen: Thank you so much for helping me and providing me with alternatives.

Reception: No need to thank me ma'am. Your proposal have good recommendation from Ms Chankimha, daughter of Mr Chankimha.

Freen: Oh, Ms Chankimha will also be there?

Reception: Yes, she would have been coming today also for the meeting. You will definitely meet her in the party also as this project will be handled mostly by her under Mr Chankimha's guidance.

Freen: Wow! I would love to meet her. Thank you again for helping me out.

Reception: Your most welcome ma'am. Have a great day.

Freen: You too.

[ Phone call ends ]

Becca was still in the shower when I reached back to my room.

I plated the lunch on the table properly waiting for Becca to join me.

"I would love to meet Mr Chankimha's daughter. She seems to be really interested in our company just with the proposal documents. I wonder if she would like it more when we meet and discuss our plans and goals for the future of Diversity Pop."