Second Brother's Thoughts

"Okay, then let's go together tomorrow." Qibao said.

Others were very happy when they heard that their family was planning to open a new shop.

After everyone got off the table, the Twelve Guards were practicing writing the calligraphy that their Master taught them today.

Qibao looked at their writing, it wasn't very pretty, but it was pretty decent, after all, they were just starting to learn it.

Qibao went back to her room and prepared what she would need for tomorrow, she had to let Master Qian taste the flavor of this hot pot before anything else, so she wrote a copy of the ingredients she would need for the hot pot, and the recipe as well, all of which would be used tomorrow as well.

Fu Rui walked in at that moment, carrying a plate of fruits, and seeing that Qibao was busy, she said: "Miss, can you take me with you tomorrow?"

Qibao looked at her and asked: "What's wrong? Do you want to buy something?"

Fu Rui shook her head and said: "Miss, you don't take me with you every time you go, and you rarely let me serve you personally, so Fu Rui wonders if she is particularly useless and can't help the Miss."

Qibao didn't know what to say for a long time, thinking about it, it was indeed true, she had never brought Fu Rui with her by her side in what she did, after all, she was her personal maid, and this girl was beginning to have self-doubt.

Qibao said: "Okay, then you can follow me tomorrow. From now on, as long as I have nothing special to do, I will take you with me wherever I go!"

"That's great! Miss!" Fu Rui was beyond happy.

"Okay, you go get some hot water first, I want to wash up!"

"Yes! Miss, I'll go right away!" Fu Rui happily trotted to the kitchen.

At this time, the Twelve Guards also came to Qibao's room. Without saying a word, they were taken into space and handed over to Xiaoling.

After Qibao washed up, she thought about the expression on her second brother's face at the dinner table in the evening, and thought that there must be something he wasn't comfortable talking about, and that she would have to go and ask before she could do anything about it.

Qibao knocked on the door and said: "Second brother, I am Qibao."

Soon, the door opened. Xu Zhiyong was standing at the door wearing a white undershirt. After seeing his sister, he said with a smile: "Why are you here, sister? Is there something wrong? Come in and talk."

He took Qibao's hand and pulled her into the room to sit down.

"Second brother, are you hiding something from your family?" Qibao asked.

"No, what can happen to your second brother..."

Qibao said: "I saw it all at the dinner table this evening, so if there's something wrong, just say so, and I'll be able to figure out a way to help with it."

Xu Zhiyong struggled a little and said after a while: "I want to learn how to do business!"

Qibao was surprised. She had never heard her second brother mention this matter.

So she asked:"Is that why Second Brother doesn't want to take the imperial exams?"

"Well, I have no intention of pursuing an official career. Having an elder brother at home is enough. I want to learn how to do business, and I can help you share the burden in the future."