Chapter Two

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who wants to make our beloved Twilightcharacters swear, drink, andgo at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Two

BPOV

I'd been living in Chicago for a month. Renovations to my grandmother's brownstone were nearly complete, for which I was grateful for. Living in an extended stay hotel was not my idea of starting a new life, but with the upgrades I wanted for the kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms, I couldn't live there. My grandmother had even done the hard work for me, prior to her death, providing me with several names of reputable contractors and workmen. I hired the first contractor I met because he was within my budget and was willing to work to get it done as quickly as possible.

When I wasn't checking on my new house, I was working. My job was quite mobile. I was a graphic artist, photographer and web designer. I had several large clients and was highly sought after since my work was always professional, elegant and easy to navigate. I was also hired as the exclusive web designer for the Summit movie studio. Every new film they put out, I create.

Working was a bit of a challenge since I didn't have my computer set up. I had an awesome laptop, but I'm spoiled with my three screens, two desktop computers and a docking station for my laptop. I focused most of my attention the graphic design aspect of my job, contacting my web page clients that I was in the process of moving.

Two weeks later, my house was done and I was able to finally move in. My brownstone was located on the heart of the GoldCoast in Chicago. It was four stories with a garage located in the alley behind my yard. I could have rented out the bottom two floors, but I decided against it. I lived in apartments all of my life, without the ability to own something and call it mine. This was now my home and I was going to revel and relish it for as long as I could.

The first floor was my office, filled with my computers and a waiting area for any new local clients. I also put my grandmother's bedroom set in the basement in one of the empty rooms as a guest room. There was another room that was used for storage and laundry. The second floor was a bit of a rec room/entertainment room. I kept it open since I wanted to keep my options forthe space. Right now, I had a television, some built in shelves and a camel colored sofa. There was also a half bath right by the stairs. On the third floor, that held the formal living room, dining room and completely renovated kitchen. The top floor was all dedicated to bedrooms and bathrooms. The master bedroom was gorgeous with an exposed brick wall and eclectic furnishings. It felt very bohemian. The master bath had a Tuscan feel to it with travertine tiles and large claw bathtub. The other bedroom was warm with shades of brown and tan with a bathroom across the hall in a light shade of green.

Two months after I had driven up to Chicago, I finally felt at home. My brownstone was decorated to my liking. My business was thriving and I was at peace with the passing of my grandmother. The other aspects of my life, not so much. That would take time. A lot of time.

Recurring nightmares and physical reminders did little to help me forget the reason why I left Florida. Plus, I'd lived as a hermit while I was waiting for my home to be finished. "Get back out there, Bella," I said after I finished my shower. "You can't hide in here for the rest of your life." I dried my hair and got dressed, deciding to actually join the land of the living. All of my new furniture had been bought and ordered online. Everything else I had in the back of my silver Ford Explorer, which was mainly my computer equipment. I dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, deciding that my first foray back into the real world would be shopping. I desperately needed clothes since most of everything I owned was still in my old apartment or I threw out because they didn't fit me anymore.

With a shuddering sigh, I looked at a photo of me and my grandmother. "Wish me luck, Grams. Your baby girl is going back out into the real world," I said, kissing the photo. Steeling myself, I walked out of my house and into the unknown.

Okay, now you're being dramatic, Swan. Come on! The unknown? It's a street.

Rolling my eyes at my inner musings, I decided to explore my neighborhood and perhaps, meet a new friend.

A/N: Pictures of Bella's new digs are on my tumblr and blog (again links on my profile). You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation and on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some!

Top of Page