Chapter Eight

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who wants to make our beloved Twilightcharacters swear, drink, andgo at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Eight

EPOV

After my shift, I went home to my condo. I had two days to just relax and decompress. The rest of the shift was fairly quiet, only a minor medical emergency around six in the morning. I spent my time checking all of the equipment in the rig and taking inventory of the supplies we needed when I wasn't sleeping.

At home, I walked into my condo and saw my sister, Alice, drinking a cup of coffee and reading my newspaper. "You know, Little Bit, you have your own place," I teased. "It's just downstairs."

"But the coffee at your place issoooooo much better," she giggled. "You get the best blends."

"That's because you don't pay for it, you snot," I said, taking the mug from her hands. I took a sip, wrinkling my nose. "Ugh, why don't you have a little coffee with our sugar, Alice? How have your teeth not fallen out?"

"Because I use Splenda," she quipped, taking the mug back and sipping it. "So, how was work?"

"It was fine," I said, making my own coffee and grabbing a bagel. "Nobody died and Emmett made his chili for lunch yesterday."

"I bet he was noxious," Alice giggled.

"Just a little," I replied. "Oh, and some Good Samaritan bought all of the groceries for the station. I was out shopping, helping out this woman who was climbing the grocery shelves to get some pasta sauce. I got the sauce she needed and we got to chatting. Anyhow, I got called away on a house fire, which really was a grease fire and easily struck. I had to leave the cart of food at the grocery store. The woman bought all of it and delivered it to the station."

"Wow. That's awesome," Alice smiled. "Was she cute?

"She more than just cute. She was beautiful," I said without thinking. Shaking my head and blushing, I asked, "How are things at the shop?"

"They're good. I met someone, too. A woman," she smiled crookedly.

"Jasper must be thrilled. He's always hinted at having a threesome," I teased, talking about her boyfriend.

"Jackass, not that way," Alice snorted, smacking my arm. "Ever since Irina decided to go to the dark side, I've been missing that girly bond with someone. Rose, Emmett's girlfriend, doesn't seem to like me."

"Don't mention her name, Little Bit," I said, giving her a glare. "And Rose doesn't like anyone but Emmett."

"Sorry. I forgot," Alice said. "How about I call her your evil ex-fiancée Voldemort? She-who-shall-not-be-named..."

"Works for me. Anyhow, this woman you met. What's she like?" I asked.

"Sweet, funny, gorgeous, but guarded," Alice responded. "There's a story behind her wall and I want to find out what the hell it is."

"Maybe she doesn't want to share it, Alice," I said. "Not everyone wants to spill their darkest secrets to a random stranger that just met a couple of days ago. You remember how long it took me to tell you all about Voldemort?"

"A month," Alice said, making a face. "I was shocked when you did. She seemed so nice and fun and perfect for you, Edward. I never expected her to..."

"Alice, I'm trying to move on. Please don't bring it up. It doesn't help," I said, arching a brow.

"Right. Anyhow, I'm going out with this woman tonight. We're going to The Violet Hour," Alice smiled. "Keep your phone on in case I get too drunk."

"Gonna tie one on, Little Bit?" I asked, ruffling her hair.

"Hells yeah!" Alice snickered.

A/N: Pictures of Edward's condo are on my tumblr and blog. Links for those are on my profile. I'll also post some pics on my Facebook page: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation. Pretty, please....leave me some? Hugs!

Top of Page