Chapter Seventy-Five

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

Also, you must have noticed that I have not been updating this as often. RL is kicking my rear end, with the beginningof the school year, my own RL issues and just finding the motivation to write. In regards to updates, I'm planning on updating every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for this story, so long as I have chapters to update with. It's mainly pre-written, but with lack of mojo and other commitments (RL and fanfic related), it's been tough to get above water. Please be patient...

PS ~ this will be the last epically long A/N.

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Seventy-Five

BPOV

"What are you talking about, Dad?" I asked. "You're sorry for what?"

"I'm just sorry about being an absentee parent. I shouldn't be getting to know you as you are about to turn twenty-seven. I should have been a part of your life," Charlie said, his lips turning downward. "I should have fought Renee for visitation, or evenfor custody. She was such a manipulative bitch."

"She still is," I deadpanned. "And now we can add abusive..."

"What are you talking about?" Charlie questioned, his brown eyes hardening. "Do I need to arrest her ass?"

"No, Dad," I replied. "Over Labor Day weekend, I had a barbeque with my friends and out of nowhere, Renee showed up, using her key to let herself in. She made some stink that was acting like a slut for being with Edward. She also said she was ashamed of me for not staying with James. She decided to smack my face when I told her to get out."

"Did you change the locks? Get a restraining order?" Charlie asked, sounding like a cop and a concerned father.

"Yes, to both," I said. "Edward and Emmett, Edward's best friend, changed the locks that night. The following day, I got a temporary order of protection."

"Okay, good," Charlie sighed. "I still want to pick up a can of pepper spray and even see if we can get you registered for a handgun."

"Dad, I'm not going to use a handgun. Knowing my luck, I'd shoot myself in the ass or something," I snorted. "You saw my boyfriend. He's a beefy fireman."

"Who doesn't live here," Charlie argued. "At least let me get you the pepper spray and possibly research small, user-friendly pistols."

"You're crazy," I said, rolling my eyes. "Do you think that Renee would hurt me? I mean, really hurt me? That woman has more Botox than a can filled with botulism. She's more concerned about breaking a nail than anything else."

"Renee...it's possible," Charlie shrugged. "She has a temper. When she found out she was pregnant, I get my ass beat. She broke my nose, cracked a few ribs and gave me a hell of a scar on my neck from her talons." He pulled down his button down shirt collar and revealed a pretty significant gouge in his skin. "And let's not forget that monster who beat the shit out of you, Bells."

"I really don't want a gun, Dad," I argued feebly. "Let's just talk about this tomorrow, okay?"

"That's fine. I'm tired. I spent the entire day traveling and I'm bushed," Charlie yawned again. "Won't be upset that I go to bed, will you?"

"Not at all," I smiled. "I'm glad you're here. This was the best surprise, Dad. I wished you would have called though...I could have picked you up at the airport."

"Then, that defeats the purpose of a surprise, Bells," Charlie quipped. "I took a cab. No big deal." I eyed him, still feeling badly that he took a cab. "Why don't you give me a tour of this place? I heard stories from Renee at how gaudy it was and how much she hated it. But, from what I see, it's neither gaudy nor hateful." I nodded, giving him the tour. He complimented me on my décor. When we got to his room, I showed him where the bathroom was located along with the entertainment room if he couldn't sleep.

"I don't know what time you get up, but help yourself to whatever you want in the kitchen," I said. "The coffee maker is set to a timer. It'll turn on at nine in the morning."

"Thanks, Bella," Charlie smiled, nervously adjusting his shirt. His gaze fell to his boots and his skin flushed. "Would it be alright if I gave you a hug? I don't know how you feel about affection, but I want to hold my baby girl."

"Dad," I sniffled, walking into his arms and snuggling against his chest. He held me tightly, leaning his cheek on my hair. He smelled like Old Spice, tobacco and spearmint. His arms were strong and protective. The only other person who made me feel this safe was Edward, but his protection was different from what I felt from Charlie. For the first time in my life, I felt like I had a parent.

Not someone who used me.

Not someone who treated me like a slave.

Not someone who was flaky and irresponsible.

Not someone who resented me.

Someone who seemed to genuinely love me and wanted to protect me.

"I love you, baby girl," Charlie whispered against my hair. "I'm so proud of you and I am sorry for everything..."

"It's not your fault, Daddy," I cried. He held me closer to his chest. "I love you, too."

A/N: This batch of chapters took FOREVER. Just saying...moving on to Edward and we'll get to know Charlie. PLUS, in Bella's next batch of chapters, I promise a lemon. A full lemon. A nice juicy one.

Leave me some!

Top of Page