Chapter One Hundred Thirteen

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

Chapter 113

BPOV

"Kate, you have no idea how much I appreciate you and Garrett taking all of this loot home with you," I said, loading it up into my car. "With the engagement, Christmas, Edward having to work the day after the benefit..." I blushed as I remembered how sore he was the next day after we got engaged. He went to work with a goofy, happy smile on his face, but he was moving like an old man. I was also hurting, too. Our lovemaking went from sweet, reverent to some hardcore fucking that put a pretty significant hole in my wall behind my bed.

Edward was determined to keep it there for all time as a souvenir of the most important night of his entire life. I was tempted to agree with him. I ended up buying the supplies to patch it, but had yet to do it, because I was still thinking about leaving it be.

I was broken out of my reverie by Kate as she gave me another basket from their spare room. "Bella, please! Your calendar has made a mint for the hospital. It was the least I can do," Kate snickered, handing me another basket. "Besides, Garrett got some ideas for Christmas by just looking at all of these goodies."

"Anything you want, take it! It's yours," I said, gesturing to the pile of gift baskets in the back of my car.

"Really?" she whispered. "Garrett had been eyeing that Ass Basket. The man has a stomach of iron and is always looking for ways to make it quiver in fear.'"

"Have at it. Originally, it was for Emmett because he is the grill master, but since you did all of the heavy lifting for me and kept these gifts for me," I said, finding the basket and walking it back into Kate's foyer. "I'll find something else for, Em."

"Anything related to food, beer or the Bears, you're golden," Kate suggested. "If you can combine all three, he'll love you for life. Do you want to stay for lunch? I'm kind of bored being on vacation and my playmate is at work."

I giggled. "I'd like that. I do have to be back at the office by two for a meeting with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. They want me to overhaul their website. Make it more user friendly," I explained. "According to the chief of staff, and board of directors, there were a lot of complaints when the last upgrade happened and they fired their webmaster."

"Ugh, yeah. Our IT department has been handling it, but it's a hot mess. We need someone professional to fix it," Kate said, leading me into her kitchen. "Sooooooo...tell me about the engagement." She was grinning excitedly, reaching for my hand and fawning over my ring.

"You lure me into your kitchen to talk about my upcoming wedding. I see your devious plan," I barked out, laughing.

"What? Garrett and I have been together since before the dinosaurs. I have to revel and live vicariously through you. Young love...ahhhh," she sighed. "Have you made any plans for your wedding?" She went about making a quick lunch of cheese, sausage and antipasto.

"Nothing yet. We both know that we want it to be quiet and small, just close friends and family. I'm not a fan of being the center of attention, nor have I planned this fairytale wedding since I was in diapers."

"That would be Alice," Kate said dryly. "Has she started to blindside you with ideas?"

"She's given me until after Christmas. After that, we'll start planning," I shrugged. "I just want to enjoy being engaged. I never dreamed I would have gotten this far." I looked down to my finger, making the ring wriggle with my thumb. Smiling, I looked back up at her. "I love him so much and I'm so grateful to have him in my life."

"Edward is one of the rare ones," Kate said, handing me a plate. "He is just this genuinely good guy to the core and he would do absolutely anything for you."

"I would do the same," I smiled, tucking into my lunch. "He saved me." Kate's brow furrowed. I told her an abbreviated version of my story and she was shocked. Kate wanted to castrate James with a rusty spork and her hatred of my mother rivaled Edward. I was betrayed by her, but naively, I was holding out hope that I was just imagining it and we'd be okay. Though, the pessimist believed that my mom was secretly involved with my whole relationship debacle with James and even now with the fires surrounding my friends.

We chatted amiably until I had to leave for my meeting with the chief of staff and board of directors of the hospital. I thanked her again and we made tentative plans to go out with all of the girls, Alice, Leah, Angela, Jessica and Esme to have a night out on the town. With a hug, I clambered into my car and drove back to my office.

Though, I had a distinct feeling that I was being followed.

A/N: All of the gift baskets will be posted on my blogs and tumblr. You can find the links for those on my profile. You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some!