Chapter Sixty-One

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Sixty-One

BPOV

"Come on, Edward. You are moving like an eighty year old man," I said, dragging him out of the bathroom. "You're supposed to be taking it easy."

"Do you want to be Garrett's bitch for another month?" Jasper asked from his spot on Emmett's couch.

"Ugh, no. I just want to start physical therapy," Edward whined.

"Well, go home. Soak in the bathtub. Perhaps, Bella can give you a massage?" Emmett snickered, waggling his brows.

"Not a bad idea," I smirked. "Come on, old man."

"I'm not that old," Edward grumbled as we left Emmett's new place. It was a nice one bedroom apartment. Obviously, there was work that needed to be done, but with Emmett being a contractor, he could it quickly and most of it on his own.

We worked on painting for another couple of hours after dinner. I could tell that Edward was overthinking and worrying about his run-in with Irina. She was undoubtedly beautiful, in a fake way. Her hair was blonde, highlighted within an inch of her life. Her breasts were fake and she looked plastic. I was the total opposite of her. Part of me made me thing what Edward was doing with me, but his constant need to touch me and cuddle with me reaffirmed his attraction.

Or his guilt.

Down in his condo, Edward walked directly to his kitchen. Grabbing a prescription bottle, he popped two muscle relaxers with a chug of water. "I'm not normally a bath guy, but I'm going to soak. Care to join me?"

"Tempting," I chuckled. "I'm not ready for you to see my stretch marks and scar."

"Scar?"

"They had to perform a c-section to take out my baby girl. It's just above my bikini line and a cruel reminder of what I don't have," I said flatly. "Sorry. I don't mean to sound bitter."

"You have every right to be," Edward said softly.

"As much as I want to see your Adonis-like form, I'm nowhere near ready for you to see me," I blushed. "Touching over clothes is one thing, but I'm afraid that once you see..." I huffed out a breath. "I'll just use the guest bath?"

Edward walked over to me, cupping my face and his thumb caressing my cheek. "Bella, no one is perfect. I know that I'm not."

"Please," I chuckled. "Your muscles have muscles. You're smart, handsome, funny and kind. You're perfect."

"I smell like ass after a call. My hair is a riotous mess. I had braces for six years that included headgear. I can't sing and I'm horrifically allergic to cats," he snickered. He guided my face to look up at him. "I'm not perfect. That would be you, beautiful. I can't wait to show you. On your terms, though. With clothes on or off, you are gorgeous and trust me when I say that I can't wait to see. And those 'stretch marks' and your scar, they are badges of honor. Showing me how incredibly strong you are." He leaned down, kissing me softly. However, he winced.

"Go take your bath, baby," I said, gently pushing him to the master bedroom. "I have to get my bag from Alice's. She gave me her key."

"Okay," he said, hugging me gently before walking rigidly to the bathroom. Once the door closed, I darted down to Alice's place. I let myself in, grabbed my bag from the living room and went back to Edward's condo. I ducked into the guest bathroom and showered quickly, getting all of the paint off my skin. As I washed my pale flesh, I appraised my body. It was forever changed from my pregnancy and from what James did to me. The only outward scar I had was where I had the c-section. I couldn't exactly push since I had so many broken ribs. I was still slender but rounded from being pregnant. I used to like what I saw in the mirror. I was proud of it. Ever since that night, I was ashamed of it. This body couldn't protect my baby.

Shaking off my insecurities, I finished showering and dressed in a pair of yoga pants and a loose t-shirt. Blow drying my hair, I loosely braided it. Padding to Edward's bedroom, I put my bag on his chair and checked to see if I had what I needed to give him a massage. I had run into Jasper at the hospital after my appointment with Pam on Friday. I had a tub of IcyHot and I just needed some towels. Grabbing them from the guest bathroom, I sat down on the bed and waited for Edward to come out of the tub.

A/N: What do you think is going to happen between Edward and Bella? Is he going to talk about Irina? Do you think he's going to drop the bomb? Leave me some!

Top of Page